Kelle Roos progress at Rotherham Utd

Gary Teale

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I read that he'd picked up a back injury before the season just after arriving on loan and hes been working back to fitness, so that might explain why.

Ah I see.

Rotherham fan here. 

He's been recalled and just wanted to give you my opinion of him. He looked decent in pre-season and we all thought he would do well for us this season and then made 3 major mistakes in his first game(defending didn't help him much to be honest) but seemed to lose confidence since that. He had an OK game against Preston and thought he'd be getting better but didn't seem the case. Hard on a young goalkeeper to be honest and Evans tried to protect him on a number of occasions with the amount of abuse he was getting. Some of the the abuse was not right at all but I suppose this is Rotherham United and some of the fans can get pretty bad.. 

I hope he will bounce back from this experience and he can prove a lot of the people wrong who gave him abuse. 

Good luck for the season!

Got to say I thought this was an ill thought-out move initially. I know Rotherham, with respect, are championship and this is the level young Kelle should be aspiring to currently. However, Rotherham have been shipping goals and this should have rung alarm bells. As mentioned by previous posters, the problem will be there no matter who's in goals.

Got to say I thought this was an ill thought-out move initially. I know Rotherham, with respect, are championship and this is the level young Kelle should be aspiring to currently. However, Rotherham have been shipping goals and this should have rung alarm bells. As mentioned by previous posters, the problem will be there no matter who's in goals.

No he wasn't ready just as a lot of the U21s aren't. 

Rotherham fan here. 

He's been recalled and just wanted to give you my opinion of him. He looked decent in pre-season and we all thought he would do well for us this season and then made 3 major mistakes in his first game(defending didn't help him much to be honest) but seemed to lose confidence since that. He had an OK game against Preston and thought he'd be getting better but didn't seem the case. Hard on a young goalkeeper to be honest and Evans tried to protect him on a number of occasions with the amount of abuse he was getting. Some of the the abuse was not right at all but I suppose this is Rotherham United and some of the fans can get pretty bad.. 

I hope he will bounce back from this experience and he can prove a lot of the people wrong who gave him abuse. 

Good luck for the season!

Thanks Pal,

And to the Rotherham fans for giving him a taste of what he'll get in dollops from some of our lot if he ever plays for our first team...

Archived