upcoming gigs

rezner

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Got tickets for Adele next month and also 80s chart toppers Aha, then stone roses in the summer, good mix 

Adele....Aha...give me strength son.

I have tickets for a grateful dead tribute band this weekend, They Might be Giants in April and the legendary Beans On Toast in March... 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have tickets for a grateful dead tribute band this weekend, They Might be Giants in April and the legendary Beans On Toast in March... 

Going to buy tickets for Aha in Brum for the missus, can tolerate them for I know it will be a useful bargaining chip, when I ask if she minds one of several lads jollies planned.

Sometimes you have to grin, really grin and bear it.

39 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Went to sex pistols experience tribute band couple of weeks ago, brilliant, got out of my face and was leaping around like a lunatic, 

Survived much screaming and the girls crying 3 times at All time low, have to say the lead singer Jack whatisname, probably the lad coming out in his boxers for the encore didn't do as much for me as it did them!

They actually wasn't the typical boy band and played half decent stuff; actually playing download festival!

Just wish I'd have known about the feckin snarled up roadworks coming out of paradise circus beforehand. Groan.

Plus side got me Aha tickets and Human league for the missus, Little Mix for the kids and absolutely chuffed tickets still left for Jeff Lynne at the extra date in June didn't even know about. Bonus for the night.

Start my paper round next week to pay for the credit card hit! 

1 hour ago, loughboroughRAM said:

saw Eliza and the Bear last monday at Bodega in Notts...never really heard of them before my missus said she wanted to go for her birthday so got tickets. Really listenable would recommend - you may have heard them on a Bulmers ad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahdPbFWNUzY

Thanks to the power of Google and YouTube, just had a listen to 5 tracks and I'd give you really listenable, pretty inoffensive to a wide taste.

Might keep an eye out for these

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Thanks to the power of Google and YouTube, just had a listen to 5 tracks and I'd give you really listenable, pretty inoffensive to a wide taste.

Might keep an eye out for these

Yeah theyre pretty catchy! If you liked them give Dog Is Dead (D.I.D) and Urban Cone a whirl

To Kill a King are also really good but slightly different  

Post Modern Jukebox - Camden Roundhouse (March)

The Lancashire Hotpots - Derby Flowerpot (March)

Four Fighters - Ipswich Music Room (March)

Rumours (Fleetwood Mac tribute) - Cambridge Corn Exchange (March)

Shonen Knife - Colchester Arts Centre (April)

Wonder Stuff, House of Love, Primitives, Woodentops - Norwich Waterfront (May)

Butlins Alternative. Stranglers, From The Jam, Blockheads, Rezillos, Tubes, Spear of Destiny - Skegvegas (October)

Think that's it so far.

• 3 weeks later...

There's quite a few exciting gigs to wait next few months.

New Order, PJ Harvey, Descendents, Cure, Hexvessel, Massive Attack, Iggy Pop, Ghost, Diablo, Testament, Anhrax, Katatonia, Gojira etc etc.. 

And thanks to @i-Ram, I'm tempted to go Mexico to check out Radiohead.

The Memsahib and I will be just going to 1 day of Download this year (last year, it took me a whole week to recover).

So it will be some of Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Amon Amarth, Nightwish, Billy Talent, Saxon, Ghost, Gojira, Napalm Death (day 3).

My kids came back from watching Little Mix on Friday heaping praise on Little Mix and the eldest was mightily impressed at the number of females in the audience (at the age where massively discovering his testosterone levels are rising).

So I said to him Sunday what was better, watching those fit Dixie chic birds on stage and being surrounded by women or watching the Rams beat Forest? Cool as a cucumber he laughed and said Dad I've plenty of time for women, beating Forest doesn't happen every day.

Archived