Albentosa

Cardifframs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it 1955?.

download.jpg

if What I said counts as sexism then that's one more example of the pendulum swinging too far. I never assigned any sex or gender role to my opinion, Albentosas missus could be the professional footballer and I'd be saying the same about her. So any sexism here has been generated by yourself I'm afraid.

If I had a rich wife who whose career took them to Spain for a few years and I was quite happy to live in the big house and get all the mod cons then I wouldn't start nagging her to go home a few months into her contract, and if for some reason I did I'd expect her to be unimpressed with me. This is all conjecture of course, were only guessing what's gone on. But personally I'd have liked a centre half to be made of sterner stuff, the sort of guy you'd be happy to be stuck in a trench with. If you're happy with a bloke who can't put his foot down with his missus, favourites tweets about him that are slagging him off because he's such a dope or even remember his vitally important insoles then that's up to you. To me, he just seems to come across as a bit of a drip. 

You never really know what's right for someone else's family or relationships. Sometimes it does weird things and I'm pretty sure we al value the happiness of our loved ones very highly however e work it out ourselves.

I suppose you're right. And like I said, we don't really know the ins and outs anyway. But the same could be said of his wife. Doesn't she want him to be happy at Derby? Or maybe he wanted to leave and it's totally his decision. But he had a job to do and he hasn't done it yet. You'd have thought a strong character would want to prove himself not jump ship at the first opportunity. Having said that, Malaga are a step up from us.

I have limited capacity to feel sorry for a footballer or his wife though, for obvious reasons. They earn crazy money. And after a season in England Raul could afford to import a whole village of Spaniards into Derbyshire to cheer him up ;) 

I never assigned any sex or gender role to my opinion, Albentosas missus could be the professional footballer and I'd be saying the same about her. So any sexism here has been generated by yourself I'm afraid.

What utter tosh. Post a comment about refusing to wear the trousers and being the main breadwinner in a thread entitled Albentosa. Hmmm, I wonder if you were referring to male footballer Albentosa and his unsettled wife. Since when has "wearing the trousers" referred to women unless for comedic effect?.

Anyway, I was only making the connection with the classic comedy sketch for a bit of fun. Get over yourself.

I wish and still hope it does work out for Albentosa. Having a defender in Decembers La Liga team of the month has an obvious appeal. And I know people have already debated the homesick thing. But personally, if the rumours about his wife not being happy over here etc, and I'm not saying I don't think he's a good player, but I'd rather my big solid centre half wasn't such a namby pamby.

Knowing quite a few new parents I suspect the issue was mainly around trying to settle into a new place, where you don't speak the language, getting next to no sleep and having very little in terms of a support network around you...

Doesn't matter how much you get paid if you're miserable...

What utter tosh. Post a comment about refusing to wear the trousers and being the main breadwinner in a thread entitled Albentosa. Hmmm, I wonder if you were referring to male footballer Albentosa and his unsettled wife. Since when has "wearing the trousers" referred to women unless for comedic effect?.

Anyway, I was only making the connection with the classic comedy sketch for a bit of fun. Get over yourself.

I'm not aware of the classic comedy sketch fella I'll look it up.

Wearing the trousers has its roots in the idea of patriarchy, but as society has moved on now it just means having the ability to assert yourself in a relationship. It's not a sexist phrase and you're just making it up that it is.

I'd assume that they're paying his wage, and a loan fee of some sort. Honestly, if we get out of the deal with a modest net profit, nobody can complain. I stand by my statements that he looked better than others gave him credit for, and will do well for himself in the future, but if he's not happy or settled here, then the move is probably beneficial to both parties. 

Good luck to him, hopefully he does well and earns himself a permanent move so he can settle in and play his best. 

Agree. Was far better than people on here gave him credit for. Not enough last ditch lunges and arm flailing for some. 

Knowing quite a few new parents I suspect the issue was mainly around trying to settle into a new place, where you don't speak the language, getting next to no sleep and having very little in terms of a support network around you...

Doesn't matter how much you get paid if you're miserable...

Classic example of the social capital I was referring to in my post to Duracell in the Labour leader thread. For an ordinary couple that's a good point, but being as Raul Albentosa can afford to employ a large amount of Spanish speaking nannies....

According to reports,Albentosa buy out clause is 1m euros

Apparently man of match for Malaga,in his first game

This shows the gap between the Championship and La Liga, some players just can't make the step up. Albentosa has found his level. 

Classic example of the social capital I was referring to in my post to Duracell in the Labour leader thread. For an ordinary couple that's a good point, but being as Raul Albentosa can afford to employ a large amount of Spanish speaking nannies....

Yeh but it's not about nannies is it... It's about having friends and family around to help...

It's all very well saying that 'money can provide an answer to everything'... but it's just not true... they both took the decision that moving to derby was a good decision and something interesting for them... but then it turned out that they couldn't adapt to it and realised they needed to be closer to family/home/Spain... Happens all the time... back in the day we had a lad on our floor in first year of Uni who didn't like being so far from home and he was only 2 hours away!

Yeh but it's not about nannies is it... It's about having friends and family around to help...

It's all very well saying that 'money can provide an answer to everything'... but it's just not true... they both took the decision that moving to derby was a good decision and something interesting for them... but then it turned out that they couldn't adapt to it and realised they needed to be closer to family/home/Spain... Happens all the time... back in the day we had a lad on our floor in first year of Uni who didn't like being so far from home and he was only 2 hours away!

I'd disagree, that's exactly what nannies are there for. I don't know too many people who had nannies, but those I do the nanny became part of the family anyway. 

I never said it's ideal to move to another country, I completely acknowledge its not.

No offence but your uni mate sounds a drip too ;) 

I'd disagree, that's exactly what nannies are there for. I don't know too many people who had nannies, but those I do the nanny became part of the family anyway. 

I never said it's ideal to move to another country, I completely acknowledge its not.

No offence but your uni mate sounds a drip too ;) 

Uni mate? He was on our floor for 3 weeks and then I never saw him again... 

I think you're under-rating the value to new parents of having family and friends around... A nanny is great for the kids BUT it's a very different relationship for the parents than it is for the kid... They need a friend NOT an employee...

According to reports,Albentosa buy out clause is 1m euros

Apparently man of match for Malaga,in his first game

Well done Raul keep the good work up!

Archived