Albentosa

Cardifframs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh and Buxton would be walk into a top four La Liga side on this basis. It's enough to send scouts into an early retirement. 

Fixed 

What about a loan fee for the seasons loan???

I'd assume that they're paying his wage, and a loan fee of some sort. Honestly, if we get out of the deal with a modest net profit, nobody can complain. I stand by my statements that he looked better than others gave him credit for, and will do well for himself in the future, but if he's not happy or settled here, then the move is probably beneficial to both parties. 

Good luck to him, hopefully he does well and earns himself a permanent move so he can settle in and play his best. 

i doubt that there is a profit, due to currency exchange rates x 2

I think the fee to get him here was 600,000 euros and should he leave permanently it sounds like he will cost them 1,000,000 euros. At worst, I imagine that would be £100,000 profit. Saying that, I doubt that even cover his wages for when he was here. I think he would have been on a whack, perhaps similar to Shackell. 

I think the fee to get him here was 600,000 euros and should he leave permanently it sounds like he will cost them 1,000,000 euros. At worst, I imagine that would be £100,000 profit. I imagine that wouldn't even cover his wages for when he was here, though. I think he would have been on a whack here, perhaps similar to Shackell. 

even the € hasn't collapsed that much mate. About £250k on current exchange rates, so I imagine the buy out clause was cleverly constructed to be cost neutral to the rams (after wages).

With the exception of the fuel for Mel's helicopter, which I assume he's chucking in hissen. God bless you Mel :wub:

I think the fee to get him here was 600,000 euros and should he leave permanently it sounds like he will cost them 1,000,000 euros. At worst, I imagine that would be £100,000 profit. I imagine that wouldn't even cover his wages for when he was here, though. I think he would have been on a whack here, perhaps similar to Shackell. 

Why on earth would he be paid anywhere near the same as Shackell ?

He had one season in La Liga before that he was strictly lower league

Why on earth would he be paid anywhere near the same as Shackell ?

He had one season in La Liga before that he was strictly lower league

There was a lot of interest in him, and from reading the Spanish newspapers around his signing he was very highly rated in Spain - as shown by his move to Malaga.

One report in Eibar's local rag mentioned him in the same breathe as Atletico Madrid.

Let's not forget the #AlbentosaSigns fiasco, either. He would have been paid heavily to beat off competition and because he was planned as a key first team player. I doubt he would have been on much less than 20,000-a-week. I could be way off, like, but it wouldn't at all surprise me.

I wish and still hope it does work out for Albentosa. Having a defender in Decembers La Liga team of the month has an obvious appeal. And I know people have already debated the homesick thing. But personally, if the rumours about his wife not being happy over here etc, and I'm not saying I don't think he's a good player, but I'd rather my big solid centre half wasn't such a namby pamby.

Archived