Jaysus Christ

utisbug

Well, as much as I've tried to put it off, it seems almost patronising to deny it any longer. Fooooooooook me! what a phenomenal squad we have now for the Championship. Harlem Globetrotters duck. 

THIS IS A JOY.

...and before the inevitable wave of "reality check", "lets wait for the season", "pessimistic pundits" brigade pipe up, we are all fully aware of the laws that govern football and how nothing is written.....so shut it. Look at that squad. Drink it up. And laugh at the Red dogs.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And can Thorne give us a full season? Can Clement arrest the slide that saw us have relegation form for a couple of months?

But yeah, strongest squad in ages and justifiably one of the favourites.

Fair points mate. But, every single club in the league would give both their knackers and an arm to have Will Hughes to slot in at holding mid should Thorne not be able to.

And can Thorne give us a full season? Can Clement arrest the slide that saw us have relegation form for a couple of months?

But yeah, strongest squad in ages and justifiably one of the favourites.

Thorne can get full season (as long he's avoiding of anything awkward!!!

Fair points mate. But, every single club in the league would give both their knackers and an arm to have Will Hughes to slot in at holding mid should Thorne not be able to.

think Hughes could be a good deep lying playmaker. He's comfortable receiving the ball facing his own goal and knows what's going on around him. I think he'd need a ball winner alongside him though

I'm still getting used to it. Today a Torquay fan said to me 'your team are having a good go this season aren't they' and 'ooh exciting times for you'. 

I'm thinking 'who? What?' Before realising he's actually right 

But with Keogh at the back, Martins lost weight affecting his hold up play and Inces bad attitude surely we will be mid table at best?

Joking aside, the new sylph-like Martin was still more than enough to flatten three Utrecht players on Friday.

I thought the same last season, until I soon relaised Bryson/Hendrick couldn't play in a midfield two, we had no backup to Chris Martin, our fullback areas were vulnerable and we arguably needed at least another winger.

12 months on and it's pretty much the same story.

The only difference this time around is we now apparently have 'different systems' to counter the problem. I don't buy that, as I don't think we're half as good when Martin isn't the focal point in a 4-3-3.

I thought the same last season, until I soon relaised Bryson/Hendrick couldn't play in a midfield two, we had no backup to Chris Martin, our fullback areas were vulnerable and we arguably needed at least another winger.

The only difference this time around is we now apparently have 'different systems' to counter the problem. I don't buy that, as I don't think we're half as good when Martin isn't the focal point in a 4-3-3.

Have to say... good points there. I was hoping for a midfield commander to come in with a touch of class. So I agree with you Bris, although I just hope that with a fully fit Thorne +  Bryson coming good that we'll be OK.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan winger come in to complement Weimann/Russell/Ince.

I do not agree, one bit,our squad is much better than last year,Baird has been signed he can cover right back defence mid,and other positions,I have a feeling he will start at right back,we also have competition for Grant now in the form of  Carson,we have also improved central defence with the signings of Pearce and Shackell.We also signed a very good attacking player in Wiemann.And also signed Ince on a permanent deal,and we all know how good he was,and we also signed Bent on a permanent transfer,our fox in the box,so how the hell do you think we have not improved the squad is beyond me.Do you actually go and watch the team.

Forest spend this much every summer normally so lets not get too carried away just yet.....

Nottingham Forest have never had a squad like the one we have now for the Championship and you're on another planet if you believe they have. 

Archived