Book Plug (Curtains and anyone else who isn't interested or thinks I'm a beggar please DO NOT READ)

ronnieronalde

HI All,

Update on the fundraising, so far I've collected 1620 dollars from 21 supporters. Even if I don't hit the target, it's been a huge success and I'm incredibly grateful to those who've contributed so far. Having said that, unless I hit the "reserve" target of 3500 USD the goal will be missed and I won't receive the donations at all.

What that means is that over the next 5 days or so I need to raise another 1880 USD which is a very big ask, but not impossible.

The donations are averaging out at 77 dollars each which is fantastic but actually a little bit too high. I would be much happier to see a large number of supporters at the 10 dollar level, especially for strangers who have no real connection, family and friends chucking a few quid at it is all well and good, but it will be the 10 dollar supporters that make as much difference.

On the book itself, I finished writing yesterday and I'm now finally satisfied with the book. I'm moving back to the UK next week to start ramping up publicity and to put the finishing touches to my editors work.  The pic linked here is me "celebrating".

I know, I'm much better looking than you imagined :-)

It's very nearly there. If your name is mentioned here, you indicated you might be interested in a copy. Of course I mean it sincerely when I say there is no pressure, I can't really pressure you even if I wanted to :-) but it would be great if any of you feel it's something you can get behind at this stage.

If you support and I DON'T HIT my target then your donation won't be activated.

@BondJovi @PrivateDerby, @The Scarlet Pimpernel, @MafiaBob, @Green Ram, @DCFC_17, @Kettering Ram, @Avast Ye Lubbers, @McRam Fan, @Observer, @Froggg, @Dimmu, @Olly Cutts, @uttoxram75, @Ossie Ram, @sageisback, @Ambitious, @Wolfie20, @Boycie, @Zippy, @Stockholm Ram, @DerbyDave96, @PMC, @NottsRam, @Dai Capp, @Rebel Scum, @MO55y, @Alpha , @Space Horse, @Vulcan Ram, @RodleyRam, @ant034, @WoodyPecker.

Thanks once more to Daveo and to you DCFC Fans in general for your brilliant support so far. if you can't donate please "share" or "like" the facebook page for me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you need the donation for?

Is it a straight donation or is there a potential outcome ie a free book? 

Hi Sage,

Donation is to cover editing, layout, design etc, I expected to be able to cover it myself but landed in a difficult spot.

If I hit the 3.5k target, there will be a surplus and that will be added to the sales proceeds and donated to charity as well.

There is an outcome - ie a "free book", depending on the level of the donation. 10 dollars gets you an ebook, 25 dollars a signed paperback. The full list is here. Together with a fairly dodgy self made video appeal if you click play, it gives a bit of an intro to what I want to do and why.

https://pubslush.com/books/id/2233

HI All,

Update on the fundraising, so far I've collected 1620 dollars from 21 supporters. Even if I don't hit the target, it's been a huge success and I'm incredibly grateful to those who've contributed so far. Having said that, unless I hit the "reserve" target of 3500 USD the goal will be missed and I won't receive the donations at all.

What that means is that over the next 5 days or so I need to raise another 1880 USD which is a very big ask, but not impossible.

The donations are averaging out at 77 dollars each which is fantastic but actually a little bit too high. I would be much happier to see a large number of supporters at the 10 dollar level, especially for strangers who have no real connection, family and friends chucking a few quid at it is all well and good, but it will be the 10 dollar supporters that make as much difference.

On the book itself, I finished writing yesterday and I'm now finally satisfied with the book. I'm moving back to the UK next week to start ramping up publicity and to put the finishing touches to my editors work.  The pic linked here is me "celebrating".

I know, I'm much better looking than you imagined :-)

It's very nearly there. If your name is mentioned here, you indicated you might be interested in a copy. Of course I mean it sincerely when I say there is no pressure, I can't really pressure you even if I wanted to :-) but it would be great if any of you feel it's something you can get behind at this stage.

If you support and I DON'T HIT my target then your donation won't be activated.

@BondJovi @PrivateDerby, @The Scarlet Pimpernel, @MafiaBob, @Green Ram, @DCFC_17, @Kettering Ram, @Avast Ye Lubbers, @McRam Fan, @Observer, @Froggg, @Dimmu, @Olly Cutts, @uttoxram75, @Ossie Ram, @sageisback, @Ambitious, @Wolfie20, @Boycie, @Zippy, @Stockholm Ram, @DerbyDave96, @PMC, @NottsRam, @Dai Capp, @Rebel Scum, @MO55y, @Alpha , @Space Horse, @Vulcan Ram, @RodleyRam, @ant034, @WoodyPecker.

Thanks once more to Daveo and to you DCFC Fans in general for your brilliant support so far. if you can't donate please "share" or "like" the facebook page for me.

Hi Ronnie I had pledged money via the website but my name is not above ? Are you missing people ? Should the figure be higher ?

Archived