More transfers to come ?

WystonRam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we need to sell before we buy.

Haven't we spent close to ten million without any outgoing fees? Must be on the very brick of FFP.

I still can't get my head around Boro bidding 12 million plus for Rhodes, signing both Downing for 5 and the Uruguay striker for 3.5.. They will seriously be fooked if they don't go up as much as us.

Haven't we spent close to ten million without any outgoing fees? Must be on the very brick of FFP.

I still can't get my head around Boro bidding 12 million plus for Rhodes, signing both Downing for 5 and the Uruguay striker for 3.5.. They will seriously be fooked if they don't go up as much as us.

I believe we have taken a calculated risk, knowing that we have at least one gd insurance policy that is Will Hughes.

Not sure if Boro have one, and frankly I don't care.

FFP allows us to lose 14million, we have spent a reported 10 million but im sure some of those fees aren't as high as they are reported.

Also I may be wrong but aren't transfer fees spread out over 3 years? So if we spent 3 million on a player that would equate to 1 million a year over 3 years under FFP.

Either way it makes me laugh with the countless Derby fans whittling about FFP when we are owned by the most financially astute people this club has ever seen.

The only signing I think we need is a top quality season long loan.  Not a starlet, but someone with real class.  A match winner (at this level) from midfield.  This could quite easily be the difference between us and Boro, we are on paper at least neck and neck.  I don't have a name, but you'd hope that once the top European squads settle for the season; between Clement and Evans/Rush we can tempt a top quality loan player to join us for the season.  

I hear people saying they'd like to see a fullback or a CDM but I don't think we need it.  Thorne is back, looking class, and Baird is Eustace 2.0 so can do a top job in both the CDM or the fullback position.  Push come to shove we can fill that void with a loan when needed.  At right-back, hopefully Christie is on his game this year but if he's not we have Swanky (who Clement seems to rate) and Keogh ready to step in, Baird if absolutely needed. 

I think we have enough, it now needs to settle down and become cohesive, and Clement needs to work out what he wants from each player in relation to his tactics and formations. 

I think you under-estimate Steve Gibson buddy. I understand your point, but Gibson has been bankrolling "his" team for years. I am not sure how deep his pockets are, but whilst he still has money the Boro will get more than their fair share of it. How deep Mel's pockets and love is for Derby I do not know, but if he emulates Gibson we are indeed one lucky club.

I think you under-estimate Steve Gibson buddy. I understand your point, but Gibson has been bankrolling "his" team for years. I am not sure how deep his pockets are, but whilst he still has money the Boro will get more than their fair share of it. How deep Mel's pockets and love is for Derby I do not know, but if he emulates Gibson we are indeed one lucky club.

According to a bit of research Mel is worth three times more, well a bit more than three, but three times roughly. We all know wealth can be misleading though. 

Nevertheless, Mel I'm available to start work Monday - if you need me :) 

I think we will get a loan i from a prem side now 

Reading the latest interview from PC, he seems to be hinting on one more player to come in. I would guess with Conor Sammon rushed out on loan for the full season my money is on another striker coming in. It could be a loan or a permanent transfer deal, but either way a striker better than the Fish.

Reading the latest interview from PC, he seems to be hinting on one more player to come in. I would guess with Conor Sammon rushed out on loan for the full season my money is on another striker coming in. It could be a loan or a permanent transfer deal, but either way a striker better than the Fish.

My thoughts exactly. If anything, now Sammon has left we are a little light on cover for an out and out striker. 

Hopefully Martin lasts the season but say he doesnt, i can't see Bent lasting 46 games with his hamstrings, plus another striker would be healthy competition for places. It's a no brainer for me.

More likely to be an attacking mid/winger. We have bent, Weimann, Martin plus several good under 21 players that could fill in if in an emergency

we have Tom Ince, Johnny Russell and not forgetting Dawkins who still as to join up with the squad that can play attacking winger. Also if we change our shape in any game our left and right back could be used as wingbacks. My money is on a central striker with a different style to our current strkeforce. PC already stated in an interview that he wants to have a squad that can play different formats to adapt to different opponents in the league. He wants a plan A, B, C and D. 

Archived