Derby County v Middlesbrough

blackNwhites

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big test for us, this one. A settled side against a team that needs to gel. We must stop Boro scoring. A win here would be a fantastic result after they were too good for us last season.

They're struggling to score in pre season but yeah I know way too early to say!

Big test for us, this one. A settled side against a team that needs to gel. We must stop Boro scoring. A win here would be a fantastic result after they were too good for us last season.

Ahhh but which ones's which? They're bringing in a few aren't they? Perhaps not quite as many as us but even so the Teesside gelatin may still be a bit wobbly......

A promotion winning team doesn't have "an obvious team", they have a squad of at least 18 that can come in and play and do a job. 

Point taken but I might have been better in saying that no-one can pick the 'Obvious' team against Bolton.

Point taken but I might have been better in saying that no-one can pick the 'Obvious' team against Bolton.

I think we'll have a better idea after Wednesday's game against Villareal. Personally I think Pearce will start with Shackell and this could be what we start the season with. 

One thing for certain is that the closer we get to the 8th August, the excitement builds like no other season. 

A promotion winning team doesn't have "an obvious team", they have a squad of at least 18 that can come in and play and do a job. 

could be quite usefull last year too many teams set out to stop us as it was obvious how we were gona play. If we have no idea of the team or formation then it is quite a headache for opposition manager.

Archived