Dutch Paper Accuses Derby Fans Of 'Brawling'

SuperRams!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i have been told, some Dutch fans tried ripping some flags down and started having a go at the Derby fans. There were a few older Derby lads out there who weren't going to back down and had a go back and ran them off. The local plod had already grabbed about 15 of their known hooligans to try and stop it kicking off. All the Derby blokes did was retaliate when attacked.

I hope the club comment on this. They were quick to denounce the guy who trashed Fawaz's vehicle so I hope, if it's nothing more than what ossieram says, they come out and make a statement about Derby fans having their name dragged through the muck when the allegations aren't accurate

I watched it on TV and thought someone has happend. The ball was down one end of the pitch but the spectators were looking to the opposite end of the pitch. A few mins later you could see the hi vis jackets of the police and a few men lined up with there backs to the pitch

One day English fans will begin to realise that nicking flags is a big part of the ultra scene on the continent, until then stories like this will be common when clubs such as us, Leeds etc go abroad in pre season. 

I think they do realise it. But that doesn't mean they should stand by and accept it. What these "ultra's need to realise is that if you try to nick our flags, you are going to get your arris kicked.

I think they do realise it. But that doesn't mean they should stand by and accept it. What these "ultra's need to realise is that if you try to nick our flags, you are going to get your arris kicked.

oh I totally agree mate, my comment was more generally aimed at the people that were quick to give Leeds stick when it was quite obvious in my eyes the same would happen to us. 

We don't understand the flag stealing just as much as they don't understand blokes scrapping in £500 jackets. 

oh I totally agree mate, my comment was more generally aimed at the people that were quick to give Leeds stick when it was quite obvious in my eyes the same would happen to us. 

We don't understand the flag stealing just as much as they don't understand blokes scrapping in £500 jackets. 

Maybe it's a Dutch thing, property is theft and all that. Apparently in Amsterdam people just use any old bike that's lying about - well that's what the tourist guide said anyway

Yep was there and confirm that after about 15 minutes behind one of the goals there was a acuffle. The ground being a training ground had a small stand and standing on grass round a barrier on the other three sides, so after the scuffle stopped ( which lasted less than a minute) with the odd bit of running around for the nxt five minutes as the coppers picked off the known Dutch trouble makers. Once all the ********* had been ejected the other wannabes Dutch yobs, jumped over a fence in the corner and slunk off. After that the game was trouble free and the atmosphere was as a friendly should be.  With both sets fans sitting and mingling together.

And yes as the pre poster said, there was no running by the derby fans and they stood their ground. Prob why the silliness didn't escalte as the knob heads realised they may have gotten a  slap back. Derbyshire telegraph were there and willI hopefully be reported factually back home.

Maybe it's a Dutch thing, property is theft and all that. Apparently in Amsterdam people just use any old bike that's lying about - well that's what the tourist guide said anyway

Nope it's everywhere and they don't like English so fk them anyway.

Cousin has said, that there's scrapping all the time that's why her fella has stopped going to matche. Problem is its not confined to matches he's a dj at big dance festivals and the different teams  factions turn up them to have a scrap, sounds like the Dutch need to sort their gAme out! 

Cousin has said, that there's scrapping all the time that's why her fella has stopped going to matche. Problem is its not confined to matches he's a dj at big dance festivals and the different teams  factions turn up them to have a scrap, sounds like the Dutch need to sort their gAme out! 

Just like the good old day's at the BBG ,these colours don't run .:ph34r:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/dutch-paper-blasts-brawling-derby-county-supporters

Said it damaged our reputation. Surely it can't be that bad, otherwise we would be all of news sites like Leeds where. 

Complete garbage.

A bunch of local thugs, faces hidden behind red scarves, tried to rip down/steal the flags pinned up behind the goal. If they got a kicking, they got what they deserved. Bunch of idiot children.

Archived