Dyche comments on Shackell transfer

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the time to say that Jason Shackell was a great servant to the Club, an excellent professional. We wish him well on his return to Derby. We held out for a very pleasing fee and we are looking to find a fitting replacement.

You would have won the PR battle As is you lost the PR by a mile. Retaliation from the Rams is not needed. Our Management Team look like supreme experts. Case closed.

I like TGM, he's a good manager, and so what that he let rip? He lost his rag a bit but since when has that been a crime?

Ings and Trippier leaving for top half Prem is fine, frustrating but you can't moan. Losing the captain to Derby must sting like **** to be honest, with parachute they must have plenty of budget to compete with us £ for £.

He's got a point though. From the outside it does look like Uncle Mel is flashing his wallet around, but that doesn't take into account the years of financial austerity and re-building we did under Clough, nor the fact that we are doing it all within the rules of FFP, neither of which are apparent if you're on the outside looking in. To everyone else, it just looks like Derby have bought another player for £3m, having smashed their transfer record just weeks before. That's not the whole story though. We're not doing a QPR.

To be honest, I think the best thing Derby can do is ignore him. If we put out some sort of response it'll not only add validity to what he's saying, but also make it appear like we have something to defend/justify.

At the moment he's just grumbling to the local press, so let him do that. Engage with him and it'll turn into a daft tit-for-tat which will rumble on throughout the season.

Sith Happens

Burnley seem to be of the opinion we have been flashing the cash for years....in an interview two years ago when they got promoted their chairman said in an interview 'we have done it without splashing the cash like clubs like QPR, Derby etc'...dont know his exact words but that was roughly what he said.

Same as that Bournemouth player last year that said the same, even though they had spent more than Derby regularly over the past few years.

Let them think what they want, I think its great we are in a position now to spend some money...we have had plenty of rough years scrapping around with lower league, loans etc...not that im against them if they work, there is always a place, but thats ALL we had.

Cant wait for the season to start.

SD says - “I was told Derby are paying record contracts to some players for their situation. Bearing in mind they’ve been a Premier League club in the past they must be offering really large contracts to people.

The figures may look large, but if we go up, its peanuts for a proven prem CB, striker, midfielder etc

That was the time to say that Jason Shackell was a great servant to the Club, an excellent professional. We wish him well on his return to Derby. We held out for a very pleasing fee and we are looking to find a fitting replacement.

You would have won the PR battle As is you lost the PR by a mile. Retaliation from the Rams is not needed. Our Management Team look like supreme experts. Case closed.

Now is the time not to respond to the reported comments from Dyche about Shackell. Shackell should just say that he enjoyed his time at burnley and is lokking forward to getting in to the Premiership with Derby County. That is what gives Clubs a good or bad reputation. Shackell has been given the money that we think he is worth. We value him higher than do burnley.  We will see if he is worth it which I am sure that he will be. Derby County's reputation increases by the day. 

SD says - “I was told Derby are paying record contracts to some players for their situation. Bearing in mind they’ve been a Premier League club in the past they must be offering really large contracts to people.

The figures may look large, but if we go up, its peanuts for a proven prem CB, striker, midfielder etc

Burnley have been there twice since we were last there. And both times the money has been larger than it was for us.

Need to hammer them this season, especially at their place, finish them with a Shackle volley top left.

If they beat us, Lyche will be on his high horse reaaaally cant be bothered with that post match - "just goes to show you that chucking millions at the problem doesnt always bla bla bla bla ginger bla bla bla i sound like a dalek bla bla bla goats and chickens bla bla" 

Just seen these tweets from Burnley’s media guy;

@LuddyBove you get nothing but honesty from Sean. Trust me, the dressing room is a better place today.

@philrob62 @Splatsimpson Not really privy to what goes on in the dessing room, but sounds like from end of last season

There are a few more interesting tweets from him as well, twitter handle is @IdleandWild if anyone wants to have a look.

This is the same club that priced us out of Jutkeweicz and just put the same value on Lansbury that we put on Weimann? 

Anyway Dyche, you know when someone tells you that they're not bothered over and over again without being asked...

Archived