Away Kit

Titus Ramble

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wanting that V-neckline for years. Let me just have this one please fellas.

I really like it, always someone who slags it off every year though. Can't please everyone. That said I liked the purple kit on 2011 (when Shackell was last here....) but by the end of the season it looked crap. Now if you want to talk sponsor clashes, it doesn't get worse than Buymobiles.

Anyone else find it weird that all three players are wearing Nike boots in the promotional poster?

good point. Grant has nuke gloves on too. Is there some sort of secondary sponsorship deal with Nike, or so Umbro just not make that stuff. 

Ever noticed how there's never any other cars in car adverts?

Really like it! I'll admit I was hoping for something a little different but overall I really do like it.

can't really see much need for a 3rd shirt now but I'm sure the club won't miss the financial opportunities that a 3rd kit would bring. 

On a more geekier note, I doubt we'll get all 3 kits on Fifa this year 

good point. Grant has nuke gloves on too. Is there some sort of secondary sponsorship deal with Nike, or so Umbro just not make that stuff. 

Ever noticed how there's never any other cars in car adverts?

If you watch any of the pre-season training footage it's mainly Nike trainers etc. too

The logo's crap and ruins the kit no matter what the style or colour is. It's not what it says, just how it's designed.

to be fair to them, I think they've listened to feedback and simplified the design this year. No '.co.uk'. It's got to have a sponsor, at the end of the day, so you can't get much more simple than a red box with some clear white writing in it. 

I'd hate to have some over complicated design that completely over powers the kit. I think they've done the best they can with what they've got. 

Mans some pulled up the stats a while ago that our sponsor has wen red more often then not since we've had sponsors. A red sponsor is as much a part of our kit as the black and white. There's even been many times that we've had a red trim. So there is no need to force the sponsor to be monochrome. 

Players have their own individual boot sponsorships and probably at least 80% of players in the world have their boots done by Nike.

Indeed. Still, you'd expect them to be able to find first team players who wear Umbro boots.

Indeed. Still, you'd expect them to be able to find first team players who wear Umbro boots.

I read somewhere that Nike apparently catch players when they're young and go around youth academies across the world handing out free boots in exchange for signatures. Mostly top players who have other deals.

Really like it! I'll admit I was hoping for something a little different but overall I really do like it.

can't really see much need for a 3rd shirt now but I'm sure the club won't miss the financial opportunities that a 3rd kit would bring. 

On a more geekier note, I doubt we'll get all 3 kits on Fifa this year 

Why not? We did last year, as well as the "classic kit" without the sponsor.

I read somewhere that Nike apparently catch players when they're young and go around youth academies across the world handing out free boots in exchange for signatures. Mostly top players who have other deals.

yeah there are pictures of it online, the one I saw was a trailer with a lot of merch in all for free, take what you like

Archived