Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Bryson Thorne Hughes

Weimann Martin Ince

Carson

Christie/Shotton Pearce  Buxton Warnock

Hendrick Bunjaku  Dawkins

Russell Bent  Calero

Embarrassment of riches in some ways!!

If clement saw the Shackell/Keogh partnership as his number one, would he have tried to use Keogh as part of the Shackell deal? Realistically? 

No evidence to suggest that deal was our idea, far more likely that it was an attempt to squeeze more from us by Burnley

Dyche chased Keogh LAST summer. And he initially said he wouldn't let Shackell go until he had a replacement lined up. So likely that HE wanted a swap deal not us.............and either we and/or Keogh declined .

Baird sounds solid but we played him as a defensive midfielder, we haven't seen him as a full back yet. As I've said before I don't think that Christie or Shotton are good enough and sswankambo looks good but is still young. In an ideal world I'd sign one quality right back,maybe on loan, because that's the position where we are lacking in quality imo. We missed a trick with Lowton because he was available for only 1 million and would have been a significant improvement over our other right backs.

I continue to find it amusing when fans' refer to alleged transfer fees as 'only' as if it was a couple of buttons. This is real money. When it's not your own people are quite happy to prefix it with 'only' and spend it on three right backs. Plus... it's not 'only £1m'... because you are completely discounting the contract value... let's say said player was 'only' on £10k a week and got given a 4-year contract... that's another £2m and all of a sudden that 'only £1m' has become 'only £3m'. 

That's all

Grant

Bryson Thorne Hughes

Weimann Martin Ince

Carson

Russell Bent  Calero

Eh?

If Shackell comes in as captain, where does that leave Keogh?

As a vocal CB who's not wearing an armband anymore. Clearly.

Grant

Bryson Thorne Hughes

Weimann Martin Ince

Carson

Russell Bent  Calero

That's what was said on here last season.

Good signing Shackell,some idiot previous manager sold him for 1 million I think.Good

piece of business that.Anyway I suppose Shackell is looking forward to competing with

Lord Buxton for a place.

Archived