Pearce & Shackell CB partnership

Jon_Grooves

Looks pretty certain like weve got Shackell and from what I know of the pre season games, Pearce has been quite decent. Both captains of there previous teams, it seems like a dream combo! Our worst area last season surely has been solidly fixed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait until they both get injured and we end up with shotton and fozzie played out of position.(joking, it's a really solid looking partnership that and I would be delighted with any combination really from the choice we have)

I still think that we need another right back and backup defensive midfielder but I'll be happy going into the season with this current squad

No we don't.

No we don't.

Yes we do. I don't trust Shotton and if Christie forgets how to play football again like last season then we are screwed, unless we intend to play Baird there. In that case we would need another defensive midfielder anyway and because I don't know if Thorne will be fit all season.

Yes we do. I don't trust Shotton and if Christie forgets how to play football again like last season then we are screwed, unless we intend to play Baird there. In that case we would need another defensive midfielder anyway and because I don't know if Thorne will be fit all season.

So you want another right back in case the 3 other options don't pan out?

Good money if you can get it

Baird has played a few times in pre season and sounds solid and we have Ssewankambo who is also having a good pre season. We already have 4 RBs and 5 if you count Keogh.

As with DM we already have 3, Thorne, Baird and Hanson. I don't think Thorne will get as bad an injury again and we have adequate backup if he does get injured. 

So you want another right back in case the 3 other options don't pan out?

Good money if you can get it

In an ideal world yes because I don't think our current right backs are good enough. I would personally sell Shotton like a lot of other people on here and maybe loan Christie out.I don't know about Baird because I haven't seen him play as a right back before.

Baird has played a few times in pre season and sounds solid and we have Ssewankambo who is also having a good pre season. We already have 4 RBs and 5 if you count Keogh.

As with DM we already have 3, Thorne, Baird and Hanson. I don't think Thorne will get as bad an injury again and we have adequate backup if he does get injured. 

Baird sounds solid but we played him as a defensive midfielder, we haven't seen him as a full back yet. As I've said before I don't think that Christie or Shotton are good enough and sswankambo looks good but is still young. In an ideal world I'd sign one quality right back,maybe on loan, because that's the position where we are lacking in quality imo. We missed a trick with Lowton because he was available for only 1 million and would have been a significant improvement over our other right backs.

Baird sounds solid but we played him as a defensive midfielder, we haven't seen him as a full back yet. As I've said before I don't think that Christie or Shotton are good enough and sswankambo looks good but is still young. In an ideal world I'd sign one quality right back,maybe on loan, because that's the position where we are lacking in quality imo. We missed a trick with Lowton because he was available for only 1 million and would have been a significant improvement over our other right backs.

Baird played RB in the last pre season game and Nicholson said he looked good. We don't need world-beaters in every single position, I'm pretty sure that Baird will do a decent job for this season.

I think that RB is a postiion that we should improve on if we get promoted, but for the mean time I'm sure Baird will do a good job and if Christie can regain his confidence then we can have a great RB. 

Keogh and Shack for me.... Pearce back up... Bye Bye Shotton, and quite possibly Bucko. That's what I could possibly see.

Imagine Keogh being the one going though.... 

Don't see there being any definite central pairing this season, but instead we'll see a rotation based around Shackell (probably). Depending who's on form then we'll probably see a fair bit of both Keogh and Pearce with Bucko as backup. Shotton is the only one left who sticks out like a sore thumb imo. 

Don't see there being any definite central pairing this season, but instead we'll see a rotation based around Shackell (probably). Depending who's on form then we'll probably see a fair bit of both Keogh and Pearce with Bucko as backup. Shotton is the only one left who sticks out like a sore thumb imo. 

I hope not. Rotating can be useful for most positions, but in my opinion it only creates problems for a centre back partnership. We saw last season how badly we crumbled when our defenders started picking up injuries and Keogh had a different partner every week

Archived