Your starting XI for Bolton

Bris Vegas

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, Forsyth's the best LB we've had at the club in years and has been consistent throughout the last two seasons (despite his annual f*ck ups).

I agree, just pointing out Forsyth's been lacking a lot of sharpness so far in pre-season. Will hopefully pick it up in the games before Bolton.

His decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

But his defending is solid. Interceptions/tackles/blocks etc he's the best in the league for that position when these are taken into account (whoscored) however people expect every fullback to be able to attack like jordi alba nowadays. I'm happy for defenders to defend well me!

Something a little bit radical (not suggesting we try it):

Grant

Keogh       Pearce     Shackell

Christie                                                             Forsyth
                                                 Thorne
                                 Hughes                      Bryson

Martin          Bent

I personally think we have 2 solid teams now: 4-1-3-2: Grant, Ssewankambo, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Baird, Hughes, Ince, Bryson, Russell, Martin and 4-2-3-1: Carson, Christie, Pearce, Buxton, Warnock, Thorne, Hanson, Weimann, Dawkins, Hendrick, Bent, So there should be no excuses this season, The rams are going up! 

Something a little bit radical (not suggesting we try it):

Grant

Keogh       Pearce     Shackell

Christie                                                             Forsyth
                                                 Thorne
                                 Hughes                      Bryson

Martin          Bent

Yeh, drop Ince, useless article

If you were to make a decision now, assuming no more players arrive and taking into account who's likely to be match fit, who would make your starting XI for the first game of the season and in what system?

I'd go 4-3-3

Grant, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth, Thorne, Bryson, Hughes, Weimann, Ince, Martin

This with Shackell for Pearce. The 433 and 42 diamond works with the same 11 players

Archived