mumblemumble

Grant

Baird   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Ince   Hughes   Russell

Martin   Bent

Subs: Carson, Buxton, Pearce, Shotton, Hendrick, Bryson, Weimann 

mumblemumble

I love that we have played 4132 a whole once against a Div 4 side yet its now they way forward.

2 people have used it on this thread...

You make it sound like everyone is suggesting it. Besides the thread is about your starting XI, sorry for having an opinion.

I love that we have played 4132 a whole once against a Div 4 side yet its now they way forward.

Not so much the way forward, but for me, it's Clement's comments that are telling.

2 games of 4-3-3, not happy with the team on either occasion.

1 game of the 4-1-3-2 and he's much happier.

I also believe its the best way of getting the best out of the attacking personell. Bent and Weimann play better with an upfront partner. It was also Russell's position when playing in Scotland. We only have Martin who can play the lone striker role with any competence, as we saw last season.

Grant

Ssewankambo           Shackell         Pearce           Fozzy

Thorne

Bryson        Hughes                    

Ince                                                Weimann

Martin   

Or if he goes with the formation he played last night.

Grant

Ssewankambo           Shackell         Pearce           Fozzy

Thorne

Hughes               Weimann

Ince

Bent         Martin

I'm also assuming we are actually very close to signing shacks :p

Oh so he is, I couldn't imagine anyone leaving Thorne out so I didn't even look there. I don't think Isak will start, he didn't even play at RB yesterday, he played in front of Christie. May well become a starter later in the season but I personally doubt it'll happen on opening day.

Love Thorne but without Shackell I think Baird will play to be captain.

He might not but I reckon some good performances and he might have a look in. Christie if not.

Grant

Baird        Keogh             Pearce         Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick          Hughes

Ince

Martin             Weimann 

Shackell in for keogh if he signs.

Dawkins would work well in the ince role.

Bryson would fill in for either hughes or hendrick. ssewankombo is looking good and could push for a start at right back for me.

Bent can fit in up front and a change of formation would need to accommodate Russell. 

Anyone know how many have been sold to date ?

he really isn't irreplaceable to us Huth is a better defensive leader, as is Wasilewski, I know losts of Leicester fans who agree we'd quite happily sell, not good enough for the premier league, hopefully now Pearson is gone we can have a proper captain appointed and allow Moore to develop as well as signing a much better CB than Wes.

Played a big part in getting us promoted and I thank him for it but in the prem he spends more time on his arse after diving in than anything else

Grant

Baird        Keogh             Pearce         Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick          Hughes

Ince

Martin             Weimann 

Shackell in for keogh if he signs.

Dawkins would work well in the ince role.

Bryson would fill in for either hughes or hendrick. ssewankombo is looking good and could push for a start at right back for me.

Bent can fit in up front and a change of formation would need to accommodate Russell. 

very similar to mine but I'd put shackell in for Keogh, swap shackell and Pearce round. And I'd have bent alongside Weimann up front.

Can't believe my eyes quite a few have left Hughes out of the starting XI  absolutely crazy people need head testing me thinks. 

It's because he has been less than convincing in pre season so far and he looks really tired. I would give him a break for the first few weeks of the season and play him only if necessary. A rest for him could be vital  for the latter stages of the season

My formation preference and team would be:

Grant

Baird                      Keogh                            Shackell                Forsyth

Thorne                                                  Hughes

Ince                                              Martin                                    Weimann

Bent

I like the formation - it's a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 hybrid based on what's happening. 

The key, for me, is just how solid that defence is with Hughes and Thorne offering support to them. As we've got wingers in Ince and Weimann, I don't think we need our full backs bombing on, just allow those little triangles between Baird, Thorne/Hughes and Ince on the right and Forsyth, Hughes/Thorne and Weimann on the right. 

Martin in the hole, as he can hold up play and bring others into the game. 

I also think it allows us to get our best attackers into the game - that front four is brilliant.

Grant

Baird     Shackell(c)    Pearce      Forsyth

Hughes        Thorne

Russell               Ince            Weimann    

Martin

subs: Carson, Keogh, Christie, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Bent

Depends on formation, if we go for the same formation as we did under SM then it'd be (4-1-2-2-3)

Grant-
Shotton---Buxton/Shackell?---Keogh---Forsyth
Thorne
Hughes---Hendrick/Bryson
Ince---Weimann
Martin

Alternate would be 4-2-3-1
Grant-
Shotton---Buxton/Shackell?---Keogh---Forsyth
Hughes---Thorne
Ince---Weimann---Russell
Martin

.                  Grant/Carson (I'll leave this one down to Clemmie)

Baird      Keogh     Shackell     Forsyth

.           Thorne          Hughes

Ince                Bryson            Russell/Weimann

.                      Martin

Bench of: Carson/Grant, Christie, Pearce, Dawkins, Weimann/Russell, Bent, Hendrick

Its a 4231 but essentially when we are on the attack it becomes a 433 but with an extra holding mid, obviously expect the two players there (as intelligent as they are/should be) to know that when attacking its okay for one or the other to go forward. 

We defended dreadfully as a team hopefully this shape when we dont have the ball will provide a more difficult challenge for opposition to break down.

Also if you've put shackell (best left sided cb in the division) as RCB in place of keogh then you know the square root of nothing about football. 

My formation preference and team would be:

Grant

Baird                      Keogh                            Shackell                Forsyth

Thorne                                                  Hughes

Ince                                              Martin                                    Weimann

Bent

I like the formation - it's a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 hybrid based on what's happening. 

The key, for me, is just how solid that defence is with Hughes and Thorne offering support to them. As we've got wingers in Ince and Weimann, I don't think we need our full backs bombing on, just allow those little triangles between Baird, Thorne/Hughes and Ince on the right and Forsyth, Hughes/Thorne and Weimann on the right. 

Martin in the hole, as he can hold up play and bring others into the game. 

I also think it allows us to get our best attackers into the game - that front four is brilliant.

Very similar to mine. Couldnt decide between Russell and Weimann because Russell has sounded sharp pre season even in the games weve disappointed. 

Interested to see what your bench looks like considering we have all 3 of our 'central strikers' Weimann Bent and Martin on the pitch at the same time? 

Archived