here comes the Martin man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMu1T_Tg5Fw

you know he'll score

as goals are what we require

its in our play

its in every dream and desire

here comes the Martin man

says he's a Derby fan etc etc

just woke up and this was in my head, needs some more thought but a great catchy tune

Everyone loves the Wombles, right?

Underlap, Overlap, set Fozzy free,

Or go down the other flank, to Cyrus Christie,

Making good use of the space that they find,

We'll score loads of goals from balls, played in behind!

Der der der der der,

Der der der der der der der der der,

Der der der der der,

Derr, der der der der der der der der,

Der der der der der, der der der der der der  

Der der der der der der der Derby!

Everyone loves the Wombles, right?

Underlap, Overlap, set Fozzy free,

Or go down the other flank, to Cyrus Christie,

Making good use of the space that they find,

We'll score loads of goals from balls, played in behind!

Der der der der der,

Der der der der der der der der der,

Der der der der der,

Derr, der der der der der der der der,

Der der der der der, der der der der der der  

Der der der der der der der Derby!

Good grief.

Everyone's a critic, let's see your chants boys!

Not yours though Utch. 

Here's a couple we could try over the next 2 months......

Hark Now hear the Derby sing.....

It always fades out so if we had an unwritten agreement to sing it 4 times every one would know...somehow...don't know how tbf but i'm sure there's a way to let people know.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...again, do it 4 times

Same with "when your feeling tired and weary"....finish it off with a good old fashioned "Derby clap clap clap, Derby clap clap, clap x4 then launch straight back into "when your feeling tired and weary"...repeat that fecker 4 times and it'd be awesome...

apart from the swearing of course, but if it only happened once a game instead of the dreadful Collymore chant then life would be better!

Someone mentioned Stand By Me earlier in this thread I think. 

I reckon that'd be good you know. Could be our Delilah or Never Walk alone. Not anything footbally in the lyrics but lends itself to to be yorped at full pelt.

I find pop songs re-worded with players names a bit gay/naff. The song dies when the player leaves or falls out of favour with the fans, which happens with the change of the wind at DCFC. 

An anthem like Stand By Me would stand up to those tests. Praps replace darling with Derby in the chorus if you wanted.

Not that I sing much anymore except away days but still, plenty of times I came home from the BBG all nice and hoarse.

The Aberdeenshire rams are reworking Popside classics for a PC generation (manager,desktop,correctness)

Meantime. Old tunes. Great player. Loved a bit. Suggested before. (Hey Jude)

Na , na , na, na na na , na  na na na ...Will Hughes

Love Will but he's not playing at the moment. We desperately need something for Cyrus Christie. It was a bit embarrassing at Huddersfield when the others did something good and they got a chant. All we could do for Cyrus was clap! 

Hey Jude works for anybody as you can alter the rhythm at the end. We should use it for any of the players who haven't got a signature chant.

For Cyrus Christie I always chant the chorus to 'Yellow River' because it's by Christie and it has the right number of syllables but I suspect nobody else has heard of it! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Love Will but he's not playing at the moment. We desperately need something for Cyrus Christie. It was a bit embarrassing at Huddersfield when the others did something good and they got a chant. All we could do for Cyrus was clap! 

Hey Jude works for anybody as you can alter the rhythm at the end. We should use it for any of the players who haven't got a signature chant.

For Cyrus Christie I always chant the chorus to 'Yellow River' because it's by Christie and it has the right number of syllables but I suspect nobody else has heard of it! 

cyrus-the-virus.jpg

Cyrus the Virus

Archived