Future Captincey..

SK47

Do you think Ince has the mould to be a future captain one day? Wether it's us or another club...

I personally like how he conducts himself in his interviews. Shows passion, Ambition and belief in what he's saying.

I know we always get hyped with a new player.. But seeing his attitude last season, with how he continued to fight and scrap when things weren't going our way with a never say die perspective, Can only be the early signs of a captain.. Maybe?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Ince has the mould to be a future captain one day? Wether it's us or another club...

I personally like how he conducts himself in his interviews. Shows passion, Ambition and belief in what he's saying.

I know we always get hyped with a new player.. But seeing his attitude last season, with how he continued to fight and scrap when things weren't going our way with a never say die perspective, Can only be the early signs of a captain.. Maybe?

It's very hard to say with most young players. It's not how the act in interviews, in training on the pitch. It's how they respond to things.

How would Ince cope with two players falling out in a training session, how would Ince pick the lads up in the dressing room, how would he conduct himself if he wasn't getting decisions?

Generally, it's hard to know who's captain material without being behind the scenes every day. It's much easier to say who isn't.

Ince is young, he *could* develop into captain material, I mean hell Ronaldo is captain of Portugal, isn't he? but I don't think he's the calming leader off the pitch you need in a captain.

Think it's important to have a number of leaders on the pitch. If Ince can help lead from the front (alongside Chrissy), all the better for us. But no, not a captain. Call me old school but I like a CB or CDM to be a captain, can see the game in front of them

Can't speak for who we may or may not sign for obvious reasons. Out of players that we have there isn't much choice beyond Keogh or Thorne in my opinion. Thorne may be too young, and I think Keogh could do without having the responsibility. It's up to Clement and obviously he sees more of the players than we do, but based entirely on what I've seen in games I think we need to bring a captain in or leave it on Keogh. Make Thorne vice captain, let him grow into the role.

Chris Martin, for me.  On topic though, he's a fine young man and Paul should be proud.  

That's definitely a good point.

For all the silly things his dad has said in recent times, he's clearly done a brilliant job as a father in the 20 years leading up to those silly things and deserves a lot of credit for it. 

A lot of footballer's kids grow into right ******.

Archived