Biggest Transfer Fees

Sith Happens

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least with Earnshaw we got £2.65m back when we sold him. He looked like a decent player during the few appearances he actually made. It seemed like it was Billy sulking, rather than Earnshaw being a bad signing.

Claude Davis however...:o

People can say what we want about our spending but in truth over the last few years we've created a championship contention squad with much lower spending then those who've been around us. Hopefully now we've started spending we can leave them all behind us.

we're like the arsenal of the championship (past couple of seasons anyway). No particulalry huge signings, but good signings, a lot of focus on youth, and every now and then an Ozil type fee to keep the fans excited. I'm happy with that. 

Those players at £3m though (other than Claude) :wub:

Craig Burley???!  ?

What a waster.

Kinkladze did a bit too much hiding for my taste and if Strupar was any slower, he'd go backwards. (Did know where the back of the net was, just not as well as the treatment table)

Therefore, for me, all the £3m plus signings has been largely failures.

£1m for each of his teeth...

wasn't it something similar for Mikkel Beck? Even more alarming.

Beck was £500,000

How much did we pay for kitson? Thought that was 2m odd? Shocking signings on that list.... davis morris yuck

Paul Kitson? Was just over £1m I think, 1.2 or 1.3, club record at the time.

Just an FYI by the way,

George Thorne's transfer fee was undisclosed but is predicted to be between £2.6-3.2m - So even at the lower end he's on this list. The higher end and he knocks Clod down from third.

I know you can't put Undisclosed fees on there but I think there'll be a few in this list if we knew the figure.

Archived