Wardy signs for the Reds

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been told that the contract length is to do with FFP.

Forest can only give a contract up to £10k so are giving longer contracts.

Make of that what you will

They could have found someone who would have been suitable for a four year deal though. Giving him four years because that's the only way to sign him is horrendous business.

Well I assume the way they have looked at it is more 'we can't pay him £20k over 2 years so we will pay him £10k over 4 instead, if he doesnt play those final two years then so be it' ... if you see what I mean

Well I assume the way they have looked at it is more 'we can't pay him £20k over 2 years so we will pay him £10k over 4 instead, if he doesnt play those final two years then so be it' ... if you see what I mean

I get that, but who do they think they're signing? He's past it, and he wasn't all that when he was at his best. 

Good player for us for a  couple of years but eventually the injuries took their toll. Wards game is based on his acceleration to get away from full backs, unfortunately for him, that acceleration isn`t there anymore due to his hamstrings being made of spaghetti!

Really cannot blame him taking a 4 year deal at his age. There is no way that he will still be playing at Championship level in 2 years so its really his last pay day and the gumps have just given it to him!!!

Wish him well in a struggling team apart from the 2 games against us!! Always liked his effort for us but doubt they will get 15 games from him next season.

20k isn't far off what the best championship players are on (minus the ones that have come down still with their prem contracts) - To get that deal is a combination of top work from his agent and ridiculous decision making from Forest. He is worth a 10k contract, he's not going to last 4 years. 

I wouldn't say he's worth more than 10k, and Forest are limited to paying 10k, so I don't see the reason why they've given him so many years.

No other club would have given him so much money.

Always liked Wardy, was a real inspiration when he first signed and gave us some fantastic moments (we all know which goal Im talking about).

But for me the final nail in his coffin was his performance at wigan away last season, we weren't doing well at the time but it was by far the worst Jamie ward performance I had ever seen, looked like he'd completely lost everything that you'd expect from Wardy. 

Great at deal for him, 4 year contract, doesn't have to uproot his family. I certainly won't abuse when he comes back next season.

Always liked Wardy, was a real inspiration when he first signed and gave us some fantastic moments (we all know which goal Im talking about).

But for me the final nail in his coffin was his performance at wigan away last season, we weren't doing well at the time but it was by far the worst Jamie ward performance I had ever seen, looked like he'd completely lost everything that you'd expect from Wardy. 

Great at deal for him, 4 year contract, doesn't have to uproot his family. I certainly won't abuse when he comes back next season.

If his injury record doesn't improve from last year. At best there's only a 50% chance you'll see him next year :lol: Still, he's been a good servant.

Some people will jeer though, just got to overpower them with applause.

If we're under pressure against Forest next season, all we need to do is foul one of their players just outside the box. Ward's tactic of firing the ball straight at the wall would provide an excellent opportunity to clear the ball while killing a bit of time.

I get that, but who do they think they're signing? He's past it, and he wasn't all that when he was at his best. 

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Wardy is the next coming etc and that Forest have signed a belter, I was just trying to lay out their possible thinking.

I guess they are hoping that he is a consistent, steady player for them with an average rating of 6 to 6.5 each match for the whole season rather than players that would be rated 8, 9 or 10 a game for 2 or 3 games here and there and 4 or 5 for the other games.

Slow and steady wins the race rather than last seasons out of the traps like a scolded cat then falling away after winning the league in August.

typical Derby fans........once he's gone he must be sht

he was one of our better players in the first half of last season.

No-one said he's ****. We were just throwing stats at the fact Forest fans described him as our "best player" last year. In the first half of the season that wasn't true - haven't seen anyone glad he's gone and we all wish him well.

To be fair I think most are just pointing and laughing because of the 4 year deal for an injury prone 29 year old. Also made funnier still because it's a deal handed out by our biggest rivals due to their FFP failure, to a player who scored a wonder goal against them and also crocked one of their key players (Cohen).

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Wardy is the next coming etc and that Forest have signed a belter, I was just trying to lay out their possible thinking.

I guess they are hoping that he is a consistent, steady player for them with an average rating of 6 to 6.5 each match for the whole season rather than players that would be rated 8, 9 or 10 a game for 2 or 3 games here and there and 4 or 5 for the other games.

Slow and steady wins the race rather than last seasons out of the traps like a scolded cat then falling away after winning the league in August.

Ahh. but on another LTLF thread it seems they have high hopes for Jamie...

Fryatt is a true biscuit in the Forest biscuit tradition.
Reid sounds ******. We must move on. Ward is becoming a more and more important acquisition despite what the naysayers say.

This from a thread bemoaning the number of Forest crocks.......

Archived