Punsville Central by the Rams Punmeisters

Rampage

A very large number of excellent puns and witty comments have been lost to world of humour in various threads. if you like, write an ideally football/Rams related PUN or witticism or limerick here to cheer up Rams fans who are dispersed over the world or they are over here and fed up with a losing streak by the first team. 

eg. My friend in Hull has a human cannonball business and says that he can have Tom Ince here in a shot as long as he is of the right callibre

A limerick poem has five lines. The words at the end of lines 1,2 and 5 all rhyme while the words at the end of lines 3 and 4 rhyme with each other but not with those at the ends of lines 1,2 and 5..

A witicism is a joke that you think is funny, but this opinion may not be shared by any other person as yet identified in our own galaxy..

All PC rules apply and any consequences of dodgy stuff written by you will be entirely your own responsibility. Please totally avoid expletives even if thinly veiled by the use of hyphens, stars etc. We do not want younger Rams fans to be influenced in any negative way. Thank you.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freedom has many difficulties, and democracy is not perfect
But we have never had to put a wall up, to keep our puns in.

Ich bin eine pun-liner.

Its a good idea on paper @Rampage but its fundamentally flawed i'm afraid.

Puns are wild beasts that can lay dormant, patiently waiting for the unexpectant traveller when he leasts expects it. They are natural, organic, uncontrollable organisms of infinitely infantile hilarity that can suddenly be triggered into instantaneous outbreak of abject punnery that engulfs and destroys everything in its path.

The medical name is bacterium boyciecoccus i believe.

Its untreatable.

Its a good idea on paper @Rampage but its fundamentally flawed i'm afraid.

Puns are wild beasts that can lay dormant, patiently waiting for the unexpectant traveller when he leasts expects it. They are natural, organic, uncontrollable organisms of infinitely infantile hilarity that can suddenly be triggered into instantaneous outbreak of abject punnery that engulfs and destroys everything in its path.

The medical name is bacterium boyciecoccus i believe.

Its untreatable.

I think that I agree with you uttoxram75 and if someone pulls the plug on it today I will be happy about that.Jim Carrie was asked about one of his films that bombed out and he simply replied that every actor has a turkey from time to time. July 4th is thanksgiving. Time to eat Turkey.Tear down the Punsville Central topic. An australian  guy was asked why he put all his savings on one horse, which lost. He replied that it seemed like a good idea at the time. So did this.

July the 4th is thanks giving?

have you had an independent verify this?

I have been known to get dates wrong but I always remember when we won the World Cup on November 5th, 1066.

----------

Patient - Doctor I have a problem with flatulence.

Doctor - Drop your shorts and bend over the table. The Doctor then picked up a six foot pole. The patient was frightened.

Patient - What are you going to do with that pole, Doctor.

Doctor - Open the windows, Sir. What did you think that I was going to do?

---------

The next patient told the Doctor that he had a piece of lettuce protruding from his bottom.

Patient - What is the problem Doctor, is it serious?

Doctor, I think that it is only the tip of the iceberg, sir..

---------

Rampage started a thread based on a pun,

In all honesty, he did it only for a bit of fun.

Not a witticism nor a limerick was coined,

And the intended hilarity was not joined.

Alas the thread is now closed and done.

Uttox nailed it, a pun with restraint is like a Phoenix with its wings clipped. It loses its impact, it's beauty and its cheekiness. I remember at school the funniest moments were those where you absolutely should not laugh for fear of the consequence, but that just added to snowball effect of the laugh. 

I'm out. 

I love a limerick me, here's a couple some of you newer members might not have read.

There once was a lady from Leeds

Who swallowed a packet of seeds

Within half an hour

Her t*ts were in flower

And Her ar*e was all covered in weeds.

There once was a lady from Crewe

Who said as the curate withdrew

The vicar is slicker and quicker and thicker

And four inches longer than you.

Archived