The most EXCITING Derby County game that I saw live.

Rampage

Have to agree with that Kev. I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere in the BBG that night. The second half was just amazing, and as you say, the crowd were ramped up. Still get goose bumps when I think of it.

1968??  you guys are ancient! Respect.

il'd go for the 10 men win at city ground.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Rasiak was playing against us, so no he wasn't. Best was playing though and scored a cracking own goal.

- No he didn't.

My mistake!

I was thinking of the first game of that season with southampton at pride park, where he did score a cracker!

I've been lucky enough to have seen the vast majority of the matches you have all mentioned, even the 1968 match v Chelsea which had an atmosphere that only the BBG could produce. Still raises hairs on the back of my neck.  The Southampton play off match atmosphere was the Ipro's equivalent and a fantastic game to watch.

But it's the F****t matches that stick out for me.  Even now I'm old enough to know better I am always nervous; the need to win and fearing to lose, especially when they were better than us (which went on far too long).  I love the matches and hate them in equal measure.

1979 Rams 4 F****t 1 - John Duncan with two goals and Gerry Daly and Steve Emery with the others.  They were European Champions and we were slowly on our way down. We were 3-0 up when Robertson got a penalty and they were back in it.  But I can still remember John Duncan's flying header into the Ossie End goal to make it 4 and the game safe, and in the pandemonium on the Popside shouting that I would never forget him for that goal.  And I never have. 'F****T are an absolute shambles' said Graham Richards, and as he nearly always was, he was right

1983 Rams 2 F****t 0 - Clough v Taylor who weren't talking to each other; FA Cup; Archie Gemmill free kick and Andy Hill to make it safe towards the end. I think we were in Division 2 that day, again on the way down until Arthur eventually took us over and up, and F****t in Div 1.  Heavy pitch, we weren't expected to win but the glory of the cup saw us through.

Other than those two and the matches above, it's moments and crowds that stick out - Phil Gee at Sheffield Utd; Cambridge in the first match of the season; Rotherham to go up from Div 3; beating Spurs and Arsenal by big amounts.  Happy days!

Man U 0 Derby 2..    Never forget Dean SAunders completely skinning steve Bruce on the half way line and chipping to Goddard at far post to put us 2-0 up as he headed home in front of the Stratford end- Gary mickle white scored the first in the first half in front of around 8 thousand rams fans.. Same day as the horrific scenes  at hillsborough in the tragic fa cup semi where innocent football fans lost there lives, I was 13 and will never forget this day- I saw the good and the bad- never forget. Rip

away at the baggies in a league cup 2nd leg tie, coming from behind after losing the first leg at  home to a team a division below Jim Smiths premier league Rams,  with morale low we needed a boost, then the biggest footballing moment happened for me, my bro put us 1-0 up  and I got thrown out for over celebrating? To be fair I did have my seat in my hands.. After explains to the yam yam stewards and police they let me back in to watch us go through, possibly the best night of my life 

3-3 vs Wednesday at home in the PL (late 90's) when we went 3-1 down with 3 minutes to go...

I remember sitting in the stands for that one. I'm certain it was in Sheffield though. Seth Johnson had a daisy cutter from twenty-five yards out in the last seconds that was tipped around the post which would have meant an even more amazing comeback.

away at the baggies in a league cup 2nd leg tie, coming from behind after losing the first leg at  home to a team a division below Jim Smiths premier league Rams,  with morale low we needed a boost, then the biggest footballing moment happened for me, my bro put us 1-0 up  and I got thrown out for over celebrating? To be fair I did have my seat in my hands.. After explains to the yam yam stewards and police they let me back in to watch us go through, possibly the best night of my life 

go on then... I'll ask.... Who is your big brother? I cannot remember that game.

go on then... I'll ask.... Who is your big brother? I cannot remember that game.

Its either Riggott, Bragstaad or Craig Burley?

Its either Riggott, Bragstaad or Craig Burley?

My money's on Riggot, he was born in Derby. Went to St. Benedicts, his pictures in one of the corridors.

could have been Steve Elliott or Matt Carbon

I was relying on whitefieldram's post :lol: I was but a boy when this took place.

could have been Steve Elliott or Matt Carbon

Bragstad scored 2, riggot and burley the other scorers. So it does have to be one of them.

Bragstad scored 2, riggot and burley the other scorers. So it does have to be one of them.

the post could've been Chris' younger brother Tim. I used to have a few beers with him and play pool back in the Gisborne Arms about 15 years ago!

the post could've been Chris' younger brother Tim. I used to have a few beers with him and play pool back in the Gisborne Arms about 15 years ago!

Hmm, the spanner in that works is the name. "ramlover1975" - CR was born in 1980. Unless the 1975 is unrelated to the year of the poster's birth of course.

no....exciting is when we've got our tails up and tear the big team opponents to shreads.......like this....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g69HXQ5qiRM

I would say we were the big boys then ,we were the lucky one's to witness it all .Liverpool ,Arsenal ,Spurs and Man u Derby's whipping boys .Never to be seen again with the lack of a level playing field [no pun intended].

The Palace promotion in 96 game was exciting, nerve wracking and joyous all rolled into 90 mins. When Van der Laan scored I ended up about 6 rows forward at the front of the popside, god knows how I ended up that far from my seat. 

Archived