Open to Loans

irobinson

If it was Simmo who took the reigns then yes, conducted himself very well. 

But that's more to do with the fact he already had a history with the club and would have had to do something pretty bad to get in the fans bad books. And by the sounds of it we wanted Simmo to stay. Madrid don't have that attachment to Clement. Unless you think they might idolise him and Ancelotti for that 10th Champions League win, which while possible I would doubt very strongly. I'm sure they're grateful for that but it's not like Clement is a celebrated hero at Madrid. I wouldn't expect any favours.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a bit of a perception that Clement might call in some favours to get loans from Real Madrid but let's be fair here, they sacked him and his mentor Ancelotti. They obviously aren't on good terms with each other. Do you see us doing Newcastle any favours?

What I just said has nothing to do with Clement, Evans has connections in Madrid, that's how we got mascarell and all the players I mentioned play the same amount or less for Castilla that Omar did.

What I just said has nothing to do with Clement, Evans has connections in Madrid, that's how we got mascarell and all the players I mentioned play the same amount or less for Castilla that Omar did.

His contact(s) are not really necessarily at Real though. Omar had the same agent as Calero, who we picked up for free. The agent just recommended Omar when Thorne went down. So he has one Spanish mate, hardly a sign that we're going to raid Castilla is it?

Nonetheless, I wasn't saying you said it because of Clement, I just said some people are under the impression we could be getting Real players on loan because of him, and you mentioned Real players. Never mentioned your reasoning for saying them.

But that's more to do with the fact he already had a history with the club and would have had to do something pretty bad to get in the fans bad books. And by the sounds of it we wanted Simmo to stay. Madrid don't have that attachment to Clement. Unless you think they might idolise him and Ancelotti for that 10th Champions League win, which while possible I would doubt very strongly. I'm sure they're grateful for that but it's not like Clement is a celebrated hero at Madrid. I wouldn't expect any favours.

It was actually more just a direct comparison between Clement and Simmo, as similar roles.  Your logic of Newcastle getting favours only works if we've signed Ancelotti. 

As it goes I don't particularly expect favours from Madrid, although Evans brought in Mascarell so there some precedent before you throw Clem into the equation. 

Just because he's been sacked/ let go/ left the club doesn't mean you cut ties. The same way you wouldnt in the real world. In fact. People pick up new leads and clients all the time from previous positions. I see no different for Clement and the people he has worked with. Both players and management. 

Just knowing the person and picking up the phone is enough.

It's a two way things as well, if they have heavily invested in a prospect, the chance for him to increase in value and ability is a no brainier. Especially if they are being paid for it.

Apparently we have been linked with a loan move for Real Madrid highly rated young defender Derik. Get him in before Bolton.....

LApparently we have been linked with a loan move for Real Madrid highly rated young defender Derik. Get him in before Bolton.....

We haven't been linked with him as far as I can see - no links in English, Spanish or any other press. He's meant to be a decent player though. It's hard to tell with players coming over from Spain, mind. 

It's going to be extremely hard to see where we will need loans should our transfers come off. I'm sure 2, maybe even 3, will come in as Clement has already said he will look to utilise the loan market. 

I imagine we will have to wait until after teams pre-season tours too. Gomez, Wisdom...etc will get the whole summer at Liverpool before being told of their futures. Ruben Loftus-Cheek too. The only players we can get on loan at this point now are probably the players we will be looking to avoid as it's already predetermined they won't be playing for their parent club before given a chance. I imagine we will be looking at players who are higher up the chain but not quite there. 

Players that may fall into this category...

Chelsea: Nathan Ake, Lucas Piazon, Andreas Christensen, Dom Solanke, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Izzy Brown, Kenny Omeruo, Wallace, Tomas Kalas, Bertrand Traore, Nate Chalobah, Nathan, Paddy Bamford. 

Arsenal: Yaya Sanogo, Serge Gnabry, Gedion Zelalem, Krystian Bielik, Chuba Akpom, Isaac Hayden, Alex Iwobi. 

Man Utd: Guillermo Varela, Jesse Lingard, Reece James, Will Keane, James Wilson, Angelo Henriquez, Sam Johnstone, Andreas Pereira. 

Man City: Marcos Lopez, Jose Pozo, Jason Denayer, Sinan Bytyqi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Seko Forfana, Jordy Hiwula, Brandon Barker, Thierry Ambrose

Liverpool: Tiago Ilori, Samed Yesil, Jordan Rossiter, Andre Wisdom, Sheyi Ojo, Joe Gomez, Harry Wilson. 

Tottenham: DeAndre Yedlin, Ryan Fredericks, Alex Pritchard, Dele Ali, Harry Winks, Joshua Onomah

I'm sure some of those will go to higher placed clubs, for example: I don't expect Lucas Piazon to be a possible signing, but I imagine these are the types of players we will be looking towards. 

That's a poor selection at Arsenal there. 

Probably wouldn't put Chalobah in that category. Massive potential, didn't get anywhere near reaching it. Hate to write him off, as he's still young, but I'd be surprised if he remains at Chelsea much longer.

RLC intrigues me. Seemed highly rated at Chelsea, but there was reports that The Special One had taken exception to him. Had a poor time at the U21s too, in my opinion, but nobody really came out of that tournament with any credit.

That's a poor selection at Arsenal there. 

Probably wouldn't put Chalobah in that category. Massive potential, didn't get anywhere near reaching it. Hate to write him off, as he's still young, but I'd be surprised if he remains at Chelsea much longer.

RLC intrigues me. Seemed highly rated at Chelsea, but there was reports that The Special One had taken exception to him. Had a poor time at the U21s too, in my opinion, but nobody really came out of that tournament with any credit.

Chalobah looked poor in the U21 tournament and I haven't been impressed with him in Qualifying. Haven't seen him at club level though,

RLC has actually played for Chelsea, which makes him a rarity amongst Chelsea youth players. Don't know if that says anything about his standing within the club or not. 

To be honest, the clubs listed there don't seem to have many players that would make an impact in a championship team competing for promotion other than the ones who will probably stay to compete for first team football (i.e. Lingard) - there are a couple though.

If you're looking for pools of players happy to be loaned out that could make an impact you have to look to the big European teams, especially the Spanish with their B teams. But then we wouldn't be loaning pools of players. 

Arsenal haven't really got anyone hugely attractive - Dan Crowley is exciting but he's a little young to be considered yet.

Yaya Sanogo is the one I would like to see. He perhaps needs to step down a division after a torrid spell in the Premier League but he looks different gravy for France's under-21 side. 

I'm sure he could get a loan move abroad so it would be a hard deal to pull off.

IF we need a CB loan, although I doubt it, Hayden wouldn't be a bad shout. Gnabry would obviously be a huge signing if we could pull that off. 

Martin Odegaard is 20/1 to come to us on loan from Madrid.

Yeah - pretty sure that's cos a couple of RequestABets were thrown at SkyBet (one from me) when Clement joined and a few punts have been placed. Be awesome but I doubt there's been any contact at all.

With Mel and Sam suggesting they want someone 'pacy' which I guess would be on loan, it got me thinking of who fits the criteria. 

The obvious one, who would be an unbelievable coup - Serge Gnabry. Alex Iwobi could be a decent shout. 

Chelsea have just signed a couple of Brazilians - Kenedy and Nathan - both fit the profile. Dominic Solanke, Bertrand Traore, can also play there too. Charly Musonda and Jeremie Boga... I'm sure there is probably a few more. 

Jesse Lingard, Sheyi Ojo, Dele Alli, Kelchi Iheanacho, Marcos Lopes, Thierry Ambrose, Brendan Barker... 

There's quite a lot to choose from - I'm guessing some of those will be out of our reach.

With Mel and Sam suggesting they want someone 'pacy' which I guess would be on loan, it got me thinking of who fits the criteria. 

The obvious one, who would be an unbelievable coup - Serge Gnabry. Alex Iwobi could be a decent shout. 

Chelsea have just signed a couple of Brazilians - Kenedy and Nathan - both fit the profile. Dominic Solanke, Bertrand Traore, can also play there too. Charly Musonda and Jeremie Boga... I'm sure there is probably a few more. 

Jesse Lingard, Sheyi Ojo, Dele Alli, Kelchi Iheanacho, Marcos Lopes, Thierry Ambrose, Brendan Barker... 

There's quite a lot to choose from - I'm guessing some of those will be out of our reach.

Will be loaned out in order to fast track their work permits, I hear - so I guess that won't be in this country, although I know next to nothing about work permit rules.

Archived