The Best Eleven Players That I saw play live for Derby County

Rampage

Poom

Wisdom    stimac    mcgrath    powell

Eranio       johnson    asanovic   Simpson 

Martin       baiano 

I'm only 28 but been going since I was 5 so a few of my hero's in there ! Paul Simpson for the hatrick I saw him score againt tranmere at the baseball ground ! I could bang on about the rest bur no one wants to hear that ! 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot Derek Draper , Jack Parry , Frank Upton and Biily Hughes lol

Heres another team 

les Green

Ron Webster.                  Peter Daniel.              Rob Hindmarch         John Robson. 

Gary Micklewhite.            John McGovern.       Geriant William's.         Leighton James. 

John OHare.                Alan Biley. 

could put Gerry Daly and Don Masson in there

Surely we have had a worse keeper than Bywater, he was pretty solid, well apart from his last season.

What about the games that Kevin Poole played? :lol:

I see the best 11 in terms of competence,has 2 goalkeepers in,now that is one sure way,of not conceding goals,but I doubt it will be allowed lol.

Spot on mate - which was why I lapsed into pedantry in trying to understand Ramnuts original brief.

Imagine a world where the best players you had ever seen were keepers and defenders. Welcome to Middlesbrough.......

Shilton

Langan       McFarland      Stimac    Powell C

McMinn      Eranio            Gemmill   Asanovic

Hector       Saunders

Subs - Poom, Wright, Gregory, Rioch, Wanchope, Goddard, Callaghan

After 45 years watching the lads ,from the real Clough to Clement, while this is a great question I for one cannot really answer, We have had so many great players in my time. I will not mention them for fear of missing a legend (the memory can dim after 50)  But  the teams of 71/72 and 74/75 will always be my favourites as they took us to another level the likes of which we probably will never see again.

Lets just be grateful we have so many to choose from unlike the dogs down the road.

ie Robertson Burns dog legends Rams rejects

After 45 years watching the lads ,from the real Clough to Clement, while this is a great question I for one cannot really answer, We have had so many great players in my time. I will not mention them for fear of missing a legend (the memory can dim after 50)  But  the teams of 71/72 and 74/75 will always be my favourites as they took us to another level the likes of which we probably will never see again.

Lets just be grateful we have so many to choose from unlike the dogs down the road.

ie Robertson Burns dog legends Rams rejects

nice first post, hope you post more.

nice first post, hope you post more.

Hi Mostyn6,if you like his post,then like it,also I am old enough to have seen Shilton and Poom play,can you remember Shiltons performance away to Newcastle,when we drew 0 0 it was breath taking,world class,so it's all about opinions and my is  Shilton is the best keeper I have Ever seen for Derby.

Stimac, Asanovic, Eranio and Baiano.........continental class acts.
I know it's way off topic, but we ain't half signed some foreign dross!

My Continental Crap XI
                                  Banovic
        Grenet.    Bragstad.      Konjic.   Blatsis.       
Ducrocq.    Valakari.     Solis.      Borbokis    Goulooze

Ravanelli

Shilton (England's number one and highest capped player)

blades (Mr reliable in very dark days)

wright (class)

todd ( world class)

nish

george thorne (has the potential to be a true Derby legend so that gets him in)

baiino (telepathic brilliance)

eranio (Italian class, intelligent and a real gentleman)

bobby davison (the greatest and gutsiest player to ever pull on a derby shirt in my opinion)

Kevin hector (goal machine)

nigel Callaghan (supplied the pin point crosses in the most exciting Derby team I have ever seen)

My 2p

Poom

Webster    McFarland   Todd   Buckley

McMinn     Gemmill     Rioch     Gladys

Hector   George

I could have easily picked Saunders & Goddard, but couldn't bring myself to drop Kevin & Charlie. Ted McMinn was a true hero of mine as was Steve Buckley and the rest sort of picked themselves.

Hi Mostyn6,if you like his post,then like it,also I am old enough to have seen Shilton and Poom play,can you remember Shiltons performance away to Newcastle,when we drew 0 0 it was breath taking,world class,so it's all about opinions and my is  Shilton is the best keeper I have Ever seen for Derby.

I wasn't free to go to any away game I liked during that era, was probably about 13 years old. Whilst Shilton is and was a legend of the game, we didn't see his better years, and nowhere near them in my opinion. I thought he was fortunate that there was no real English challenger to his position around the late 80s. Woods was average, Bailey retired, Clemence was done, Seaman was only just beginning. We are all entitled to our opinion. But mine is that Poom was inspirational to our team, some of his saves spurred us on to win games we perhaps might not have without him. He was probably worth about 15 points a season!

I wasn't free to go to any away game I liked during that era, was probably about 13 years old. Whilst Shilton is and was a legend of the game, we didn't see his better years, and nowhere near them in my opinion. I thought he was fortunate that there was no real English challenger to his position around the late 80s. Woods was average, Bailey retired, Clemence was done, Seaman was only just beginning. We are all entitled to our opinion. But mine is that Poom was inspirational to our team, some of his saves spurred us on to win games we perhaps might not have without him. He was probably worth about 15 points a season!

I tend to agree with you regarding Shilts.

I had some difficulty regarding keepers as I have seen them all from Boulton through to Grant. Boulton had to be a strong contender after playing his part in two title-winning sides. Roger Jones was outstanding in his first season for us in a very mediocre side in which he won the poty. Poom, for me, had it all so he got my vote.

Archived