Villareal home friendly

Geriatram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a very efficient transfer policy this Pre Season . It has not been ruthless, just efficient. I would love to have been a fly on the wall at one of those planning meetings but I have had to rely on reports from Curtains who was a  fly on the drapes. Paul Clement and the team appear to have started with a list and those players are available for the Villareal game. It is so obvious that there is no room for negativity in this set up. Get negative and you will be finding a new Club. There is no room for making demands about being in the first eleven because they will be picked on merit. My team for the game is:-

Carson

Baird  Keogh Pearce  Forsyth

Hughes Thorne  Bryson

Ince  Martin Russell

Half time substitutes bring on Weiman for Russell,  Shackell,for Pearce, Grant for Carson, Baird for Thorne and Christie for Baird,. Hendrick for Bryson, Warnock for Forsyth.

Basically we have a wealth of alternatives!!! on second thoughts, why risk Shackell? Bring him on with ten minutes to go to introduce him to the crowd.

There has been a very efficient transfer policy this Pre Season . It has not been ruthless, just efficient. I would love to have been a fly on the wall at one of those planning meetings but I have had to rely on reports from Curtains who was a  fly on the drapes. Paul Clement and the team appear to have started with a list and those players are available for the Villareal game. It is so obvious that there is no room for negativity in this set up. Get negative and you will be finding a new Club. There is no room for making demands about being in the first eleven because they will be picked on merit. My team for the game is:-

Carson

Hughes Thorne  Bryson

Ince  Martin Russell

Half time substitutes bring on Weiman for Russell,  Shackell,for Pearce, Grant for Carson, Baird for Thorne and Christie for Baird,. Hendrick for Bryson, Warnock for Forsyth.

Basically we have a wealth of alternatives!!! on second thoughts, why risk Shackell? Bring him on with ten minutes to go to introduce him to the crowd.

I agree with team selection and that we should be more or less starting the team for Bolton.  Russell has earned his place from what I have seen over Weimann. Shackell is presumably not match fit and could get game time against Burton and Portsmouth. This will be a tough game I f Villareal are anywhere near match fit and so we may not see as much of the ball as we would like, so I would play the starting 11 for around an hour. 

I have a feeling that there will be no subs (or at least very few) and then a totally different 11 getting 90 minutes against Burton. So everyone has had 90 minutes in pre season at some point. No good throwing some of them in for their first 90 on the first day of the season against Bolton is it?

Carson

Hughes Thorne  Bryson

Ince  Martin Russell

no room for Bent? or was there a typo in the subs as Baird seems to be both an "in" and an "out" and was there to start with!

no room for Bent? or was there a typo in the subs as Baird seems to be both an "in" and an "out" and was there to start with!

Baird moves from full back to CDM, replacing Thorne. i am slightly mystified by Bent's role now, I must admit.

Archived