Support the Book

ronnieronalde

We've cracked it Cisse :-)

Came back in this morning to see an unbelievable boost that's pushed me over the minimum target and also given me enough to cover some additional costs.

It's given me such a lift it's not true.

NOW the hard work starts :-) but the book will be out this year which is a massive relief.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've cracked it Cisse :-)

Came back in this morning to see an unbelievable boost that's pushed me over the minimum target and also given me enough to cover some additional costs.

It's given me such a lift it's not true.

NOW the hard work starts :-) but the book will be out this year which is a massive relief.

congratulations Ronnie, massive achievement bud you must be well pleased, time to get stuck in now and get it out to the masses so that we can share your story !! Good lad !! 

Got an email this morning saying I'd "bought a project to life", Didn't realise I was so awesome!

Here was me thinking Ronnie had done all the graft, and all this time it was actually me!

You underestimate the part I had to play Mostyn!! Congrats Ronnie,  can't wait to read this, I've refrained from asking to have a sneak preview as I want the whole thing to be a happy surprise!

Got an email this morning saying I'd "bought a project to life", Didn't realise I was so awesome!

Here was me thinking Ronnie had done all the graft, and all this time it was actually me!

One thing I never thought I'd see on this forum is Mostyn doubting his own awesomeness....

Surely not? :-) 

I was convinced we lived life by the same motto "I'm great, I love me!"

Now I just hope the book lives up to expectations and the (self driven) hype! 

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Where is the book, @ronnieronalde?

I appreciate it may be a touch embarrassing that the publishers gone under, but that's not your fault so can't see why you wouldn't keep us informed?

he sent me an email in September to let me look at the prints and t-shirts available to accompany the book. He also said that he was banned from the forum, not sure if that's still the case. I don't recall the date, but I have a couple of weeks before Christmas in my head.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

he sent me an email in September to let me look at the prints and t-shirts available to accompany the book. He also said that he was banned from the forum, not sure if that's still the case. I don't recall the date, but I have a couple of weeks before Christmas in my head.

His last post was 1st November and signed in 24 minutes ago so must be back.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

The publisher was reported as closing on the 14th August, a rescue deal fell through in October, Pubslush is no more, he's certainly posted since August 14th, @Daveo might be able to confirm any ban, he was certainly on the browsing member list earlier today!

Not having a go at him, just would like to know when the e-book I've paid for will be delivered, that's all. 

so what happens to all the funds raised, I assume that Ronnie has received the cash and that its not held in a third party bank account ?

im sure he will update us, I am looking forward to reading the book when it arrives,

its like waiting for Christmas !!

here is the update about pubslush

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2015/pubslush-closes-colborne-communications-founds-publaunch/

Just now, RamNut said:

You should stop harrassing him.

he's probably out of pocket, and you shouldn't expect to see owt for your money. 

whilst never meeting him, I think we all know the kind of person Ronnie is, and if this has backfired, and all donations have been lost, I can guarantee he will be devastated and feel responsible for it. 

The bloke has tried to do something good, and shown ambition and from what I can determine, poured his heart and soul into it. Even though I have clashed with him a lot of times, I do have enormous respect for him, and if the book project has hit a stumbling block, I'll be pretty gutted myself, not cos I've lost a few quid, but because some poor management somewhere has led to the small guy(s) losing out and it sickens me that someone as conscientious as Ronnie will feel the brunt (in his own mind) for it.

Personally Ronnie, if you are reading this, I don't see you in anyway responsible for anything gone wrong with the company that might have gone under.

I'd probably donate again if you have the energy to push it through again.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The target was reached?

Think what I meant but was too lazy to write is I thought was no money was taken until the target reached then surely it's all transferred straight over to Ronnie, not sat around in a bank somewhere. Seems ages ago donations finished.

If they have gone tits up and taken the money no blame should be laid on Ronnie anyhow, not his fault, couldn't have seen this would happen, pretty **** considering all the hard work and publicity push that went into it. Hopefully the money has been transferred over and he's busy pushing it over the line not even realising Pubslush have gone offline.

"Ronnieronalde" sent me a message that the book is all sorted but there are a few last minute problems with the editor and the final design, as it has been mentioned he has had a lot of problems getting to this stage and I for one think its great that he has stuck to it and managed to produce a book of his times and childhood memories with the late great Mr Clough and is prepared to share them with the rest of us, should be a good read.

lets hope that he can get it across the line.

I am sure that he wont mind me sharing his message to me but he did say that he wont be coming on the forum so im not privy as to why ?

"the book is finished and paid for but I'm STILL waiting for the editor to give me his finished work and the final design.. it's causing me a real headache cos I've paid him in full and he;s making it really tight for Christmas, worse case scenario I'll print 50 copies of the last draft to send to those who supported and then give them another copy of the finished product if it's not done in time for Christmas"

Archived