Support the Book

ronnieronalde

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To keep the updates going and to get the thread back up on the first page ;-)

Last week was a real turning point I think. The project picked up a lot of interest with both the Sunderland Echo and The Daily Mail online both running an article/interview with pictures. Where apart from a couple of slight mis representations, I think it's a very cool article.

On top of that, I reached 1360 USD on the fundraising, thanks as well to some of you on here, including @Mostyn6 who became the latest supporter yesterday, thanks Most, it's most appreciated. I'm still quite a bit short of the target, but it's fantastic to see so many people prepared to help.

I got some more help thanks to @Heisenberg who tweeted the fundraising page for me and I had a great call with another lad on here, who is one of the regulars who shall remain anonymous for now,but who got in touch with a potentially brilliant offer of support. DCFC Fans forum has been a massive help so far and I really do appreciate it. Thanks @Daveo and the team.

The mail article is on my facebook page. It got nearly 5000 views yesterday, not quite @Bris Vegas levels of readers, but I'm working on it ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/fromtoughlifetocloughlife?ref=hl

Craig.................If you don't mind me asking how on earth did you come up with the whistler Ronnie Ronalde as your user name?

Don't mind you asking at all TSP.

It was one of the nicknames Brian gave me as a teenager, I used to whistle a lot when I was nervous, and I used to get nervous a lot.

"Would you bloody give over with that whistling, you're not Ronnie Ronalde you know"

For two years after that it's all anyone called me.

Don't mind you asking at all TSP.

It was one of the nicknames Brian gave me as a teenager, I used to whistle a lot when I was nervous, and I used to get nervous a lot.

"Would you bloody give over with that whistling, you're not Ronnie Ronalde you know"

For two years after that it's all anyone called me.

He was described as a Siffleur' - as opposed to myself, who is a 'Sniffleur'.

When I read that he had pegged out earlier this year, I thought it was you and was going to start a RIP thread.

• 4 weeks later...

***********FUNDRAISING UPDATE**********

Only 4 days to go. This will be my last push as I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable asking again. All of those who said they would get round to it. Now would be a lovely time to see your name on that list of supporters smile emoticon Only 300 USD short of covering edit and print costs. If I don't hit that, then I get none of the 2,100 pledged so far. Which would be a shame frown emoticon

https://pubslush.com/project/2233

IF ANYONE WANTS TO READ A TEST CHAPTER OR TWO BEFORE DONATING, PLEASE MESSAGE ME AND I'LL SEND IT OUT WITH PLEASURE.

I think that at this point this project needs small amount doners to push this thing through,

There are a lot of kids that don't know yet what kind of kindness there is reserved for them. Now we have a chance to show them that they matter.

*bump*

So close, would be such a shame not to see this through.

Do you have a backup plan ronnie?

Thanks for pushing it AR, you've more than done your bit and I appreciate it.

Backup plan? Of course I do.

I'm like Paul Clement, I have a plan a, b, c and d :-)

Plan A was pubslush.

Plan B was sell my body until I've got enough cash to do it on my own. (that could take a while)

Plan C, stick it back in the drawer and wait for my own better days to return (that could be any moment now or never)

Plan D, take my little usb stick and move to a deserted island somewhere and enjoy reading the book over and over again in my mind until I hate it, waiting for a ship to come and bring me back home, skinnier but with a very decent suntan :-)

I'll let you know how it goes in about 3 days :-)

Thanks for pushing it AR, you've more than done your bit and I appreciate it.

Backup plan? Of course I do.

I'm like Paul Clement, I have a plan a, b, c and d :-)

Plan A was pubslush.

Plan B was sell my body until I've got enough cash to do it on my own. (that could take a while)

Plan C, stick it back in the drawer and wait for my own better days to return (that could be any moment now or never)

Plan D, take my little usb stick and move to a deserted island somewhere and enjoy reading the book over and over again in my mind until I hate it, waiting for a ship to come and bring me back home, skinnier but with a very decent suntan :-)

I'll let you know how it goes in about 3 days :-)

I still don't see why you don't self publish on Kindle?

Maybe I've missed something, but it seems an easy way to get your book read, and hopefully earn enough to meet your ultimate objectives.

I still don't see why you don't self publish on Kindle?

Maybe I've missed something, but it seems an easy way to get your book read, and hopefully earn enough to meet your ultimate objectives.

Maybe I've not explained it very well Revel or maybe I've not had it explained very well to me by those involved as "helping"

To get the book to publishable stage I've got to pay for editing, proof reading layout and design, formatting and digital preparation.

I might be being too much of a perfectionist but I wanted everything to be perfect and ready to go and I wanted it to be available as a print copy for those who've supported it.

I only get one chance to get this right and I'm nervous about the way I'm doing it already. I should in hindsight probably have just got myself an agent but even to do that, an agent won't read an unpolished manuscript.

I may regret doing it this way. I may regret not having a professional alongside me but I launched that crowd funding campaign based on the number of people who expressed a pre interest in it and didn't think it would be such a struggle to hit the pre-target... there's a book about bloody knitting on there that's raised over 30 grand :-)

more than 1500 people have visited the pubslush page, so it's clear I've done something wrong for only 31 of those 1500 to pledge.

I had a dream of selling a few thousand copies direct so that the 9,95 or the 15,50 would go to charity fully.

If this doesn't work then I've got a decision to make, hold it or give it to a publisher and lose the lions share of the profit.

Blimey but I'm so close it's not true.

Rams fans won't appreciate this bit but I've got Stuart Pearce, Nigel Jemson, Steve Chettle and Mark Crossley all re-tweeting it for me as well...

With the news articles, the facebook, and the twitter I don't think it's possible for it not to raise the tiny amount needed.

Want to take the time tonight to say a quick public thanks to Daveo and DCFC fans, my constant pushing on here has made this forum the most successful part of the fundraising.

I might be occasionally annoying but I do GENUINELY appreciate the support I've got from here. Some really lovely people have jumped into this project and I won't forget the generosity, not only the cash but the time and constant encouragement.

:wub::wub:

Archived