Rampage's Fantasy £20 Million to spend on the Team

Rampage

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're overpaying a bit for Lambert and Wisdom in my opinion. Lambert went for £4m and he's not worth more now than he was then is he? I'd say about £2m and they'd let him go. I wouldn't pay any more than that for him personally anyway, he's hilariously overrated. Wisdom didn't have the best time at WBA did he? £1.5m I'd say.

Whilst Lambert isn't anywhere near the level Liverpool want to be, he is a goalscorer at Prem level, and has proven it for more than one season. Plus, at Championship level he would easily bag 20-30 goals, especially in a promotion contender. Agree with your valuation though, 4.5 is silly money.

In the Co-op at Belper they are selling Ipro off at 25p, That would mean 80 million bottles. 

When I was growing up in Belper any mention of sports related fare would have resulted in a lynching. The staple diets of the time being chocolate misshapes form the Thorntons factory, chips and Home Ales five star.

Whilst Lambert isn't anywhere near the level Liverpool want to be, he is a goalscorer at Prem level, and has proven it for more than one season. Plus, at Championship level he would easily bag 20-30 goals, especially in a promotion contender. Agree with your valuation though, 4.5 is silly money.

Problem is, when you get to his age, every year matters more and more. He's not in his prime anymore. There's a question of 'has he still got it?'. Some footballers decline with age at an alarming rate. Gerrard's decline seemed to come as a shock to him. At 33, it wouldn't be a reliable purchase. No matter how many he's scored at Prem level over a year ago.

When I was growing up in Belper any mention of sports related fare would have resulted in a lynching. The staple diets of the time being chocolate misshapes form the Thorntons factory, chips and Home Ales five star.

WE've got deli's and all sorts now. It's raite posh.

I think that Thorntons is being taken over by Ferrero Rocher. How is that for an upgrade for Belper?

Thorntons moved from Belper years ago. It's an upgrade for Somercotes. To be fair a nuclear explosion would be an upgrade for Somercotes.

WE've got deli's and all sorts now. It's raite posh.

I still return on occasion as the folks still live there.

There's certainly more restaurants than the days when the choice was the Happy Garden (Chinese) the Taj Mahal (er..) and the Chevin House.

There was even a kebab and burger joint on t'market place. Now THAT'S southern sophistication!

I still return on occasion as the folks still live there.

There's certainly more restaurants than the days when the choice was the Happy Garden (Chinese) the Taj Mahal (er..) and the Chevin House.

There was even a kebab and burger joint on t'market place. Now THAT'S southern sophistication!

Ah the world famous Continental. Their Belper Special kebab is legendary.

Some of the fees you lot would splash about are crackers.....

Theres no way i'd pay 4.75m for ince 

or 7.5m for huddlestone 

or jota 2m 

or wisdom 3m

or birdcutt 2m

or manga 6m

or paul caddis 2m

or robson kanu 3m

and definately not Tombo's £10m for gibson, 6m for ward, 3.5m cairney

or adomah 3m

or troy deeney 12.5m

or francis 6m

or de laet 2m, shackell 3m , or drinkwater 3m

or olsson 4m 

or pritchard 10m

Crackers,!!!!

Get off the fence Ramnut! What are you trying to say?. These dyed in the Ramswool supporters have studied at pubs in the region, swapped notes with each other and have become right good at picking players. in fairness they leave it to their respective management teams to negotiate the fees.It is not their money so they can afford to be generous with Mel and the Directors' cash. If we get promoted it will be worth paying over the odds Ramnut.

Some of the fees you lot would splash about are crackers.....

Theres no way i'd pay 4.75m for ince 

or 7.5m for huddlestone 

or jota 2m 

or wisdom 3m

or birdcutt 2m

or manga 6m

or paul caddis 2m

or robson kanu 3m

and definately not Tombo's £10m for gibson, 6m for ward, 3.5m cairney

or adomah 3m

or troy deeney 12.5m

or francis 6m

or de laet 2m, shackell 3m , or drinkwater 3m

or olsson 4m 

or pritchard 10m

Crackers,!!!!

Those prices are about accurate for those players though. Who would you go for?

Someone made a good point earlier, that as players move on to other clubs, less players of that standard remain and prices can shoot up. This is another reason to say well done to the management team at the Rams. At the end of the day, a player is worth what anyone will pay. The Rams look like they have cash to spend so teams will try to bump up the price.Shackell may sign a preseason contract with us in January or Burnley may get less if they cash in at that point..

Archived