Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

Sunderland fans are offering to drive him to us theirselves. Doesn't seem to be liked by the fans. Seen one fan say he's the worst player they have had in the last 5 years.

Not sure whether this is what we want?

But he was revered down here in Brighton, back to back POTY awards, just looks like the Sunderland move didn't work out. Very very we'll waited to DM role though.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland fans are offering to drive him to us theirselves. Doesn't seem to be liked by the fans. Seen one fan say he's the worst player they have had in the last 5 years.

On the flip side Brighton fans will say he's got the ability to be one of the best in the league.

He hasn't done well at Sunderland, but he was a force for Brighton.

I have seen a Derby fan say Martin is crap and would have started Best ahead of him.

Some (most) fans talk ********.

I have seen a Derby fan say Martin is crap and would have started Best ahead of him.

Some (most) fans talk ********.

The difference being that not a single Sunderland fan minds if he goes. In fact they want him to.

But like people have said, if he did well at Brighton maybe he just didnt fit in at Sunderland. I'm not writing him off, just speculating looking at comments :)

Dont be a worrying Chris. He never really had a chance at Sunderland. He was considered Poyet's pet, and they love local boy Cattermole.  The menfolk up there didn't take to him either when they considered him a southern softie for taking time out after the birth of his child. As ShoreRam says you could find many many fans down here who think he is the bees knees, so if we get him, and Clement and the fans get behind him, then we might have a very good player on our hands for no major outlay.  

To be fair, I imagine they'd react similarly to most of their squad if they were linked with a move away

if this goes through i cant see us playing anything other than 4-2-3-1

christie/baird at rb, forsyth/warnock at lb (depending who plays, forsyth+baird or christie+warnock, one defensive and one attacking fullback), then the CB's (i aint got a clue who well have there) thorne/hughes/bridcutt in rotation for the 2 holding roles, bryson/dawkins/(hendrick?) behind the striker, ince/weimman/russel on the wings and martin/bent the striker

I think we will play 4231 or 433 depending on the game and player availability. Bridcutt may be used more in away games.

If he comes and we sign Shackell and Ince we will have one of strongest (non-parachute) squads seen in the Championship. On paper. 

My head's spinning. We're going to have very good players on the bench, and established first team players not making the squad. Must be a sale or two in the offing, but still...there's some squad shaping up.

Just been and had a look myself. They really despise him. He gets more stick than Sammon does here.

Bridcutt is a limited player in the sense that he's good at what he's good at. 

I'm not sure where he's been playing at Sunderland, but I think he's an ideal player for us considering the CMs we have at the club. 

He's like a younger, more powerful and athletic version of Eustace. 

Top and bottom of it is that we did not have enough players last year when it came to the crunch with injuries and loss of form. Not going to happen this season because Clement has already spotted that. Paul Clement will have more players, use rotation and use more different formations than Maclaren, which should mean less injuries, less poor individual performances and a better chance of promotion. 46 games is a hard season with some periods of too many games in a short time. We are going to be thinking of some top players missing ten games over the season to keep them at their best. The two cups are irrelevant in my opinion. They did for Wigan two years ago and for us last year. They also did for Sheffield United last year. More games, more players playing with niggles, more long term injuries. Paul Clement's first signing was the fitness guy! 

Clement has a database of Derby players :- A) who is going  B) who is squad only  C) who is first choice  D) who he wants to come in.

This is not all good news because with so many players coming in, he will need to get them to gel. We have Boro at home in match 3, a game that we must not lose.A slowish start while players settle in would not be unexpected or necessarily too bad in the long term..

Archived