Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

Imagine the team sheet for the first match....

carson

baird

warnock

pearce

shackell

birdcnut

weimann

bent

martin

hughes

ince

hardly any point in Clement watching videos of last season.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridcutt would be an excellent signing.

Not sure how this has anything to do with Thorne or his fitness. Nobody on this forum knows what formation/s we will play with this season. We could play 2 holding mids with Thorne and Bridcutt or we could play just one of them, who knows, all I do know is we are building a strong squad and adding players with vast experience which we could have done with to get over the line last season.

Now we're talking! I love the flair players but you have to be able to win the ground in midfield.

This allows us to play three in midfield. Bridcutt, Thorne and Hughes could break up play as well as setting attacks in motion.

I think Baird will be our 'go to' sub. Ideal for bringing on if we have a narrow lead.

If Hendrick stays, I can't see why he couldn't be our right back. I thought he did okay there and having the discipline of sticking on the right might help him

Imagine the team sheet for the first match....

carson

baird

warnock

pearce

shackell

birdcnut

weimann

bent

martin

hughes

ince

hardly any point in Clement watching videos of last season.

Maybe he watched them all hence the incoming ;)

If we assume we get Bridcutt, Shackell and Ince i see the squad on opening day being the following.

Carson, Baird, Forsyth, Shackell, Pearce/ Keogh,

Thorne, Bridcutt,

Ince, Martin, Weiman,

Bent

4-2-3-1.  subs Grant, Christie, Buxton, Keogh/ Pearce, Bryson, Russell, Hughes.

Out

Hendrick to Villa for £5M, Sammon free to Southend, Raul back to Spain, Shotton on loan to MK Dons. You heard it here first. #Not ITK

Sounds to me that we would play with two holding midfielders next season then, i like it, same as Chelsea, and same as Mboro played last season, makes you very solid defensively 

I'd not want us to sacrifice much if any of our attacking potency. Boro were deadly dull last season. not "the Derby Way" at all (IMO of course).

PistoldPete2

If this deal goes thru it sends a message to Thorne ... Prove your fitness. Even if fit Thorne might not be first choice compared to someone like bridcutt. 

Bridcutt would be have been my first choice, hell I even wrote an article on it. 

He's been out of form and hasn't really taken to Sunderland, but at Brighton he won back-to-back POTY awards and was rated by most people as the best midfielder in the division.

Thorne isn't going to play 46 games this season, and even when he is fit we may need to be careful with him. I thought Baird was adequate but looks to me like we're not leaving anything up to chance. Bridcutt will know Clement from his time at Chelsea too. 

Archived