The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited about it.

Went Bolton last week, disappointed about the performance  but not despondent, first game and all that.

Pompey was a 1st round League Cup tie......great turnout from the fans, loved all the flags on display.

Really looking forward to being in my position at the top of the South Stand in a few hours and cheering on the Rams and waving a flag that some kind soul has provided for me!

The essence of football support is to give 90 minutes of your life to the club you love.

Moan about them all you want during the week, at work, in the pub.....but when you're at the ground, and people have given up their own time to try and improve the situation, don't be a miserable sod, wave the flag, scarf, banner, whatever, and sing your heart out for the lads.

First home game of the season, unbeaten in the league, not conceded a goal, we're already above the gumps and lasted longer than them in the league cup......:D

Come on you great big beautiful Rammmmmmmmmmmmmssssssssss

I think it was great at the start, with the flags and confetti gave the game an  electric atmosphere to start with. After 10 mins, complete library. Can't fault the group though, top effort.

Saw two guys behind me who were talking about taking two flags home with them, just told them that the group has asked for fans to leave the flags, and they left them in the seats fine. Any idea how many were left? Did many go missing?

Noise is a funny one as it depends on everyone. Hopefully over the season this improves, but we can only do so much.

The visual stuff went well though!

70 flags were taken out of 350 which is a shame, and higher than we'd hoped. Hopefully people bring them back on Tuesday. Benefit of the doubt for now despite labels on every flag saying leave them there!

Aren't nearly all the people in South Stand season ticket holders? They'll probably bring the flags back with them on Tuesday. 

I thought they looked great and noise was great also at times. Please can we have a bit better noise after we go one down? That's when it's needed the most. 

Doing my bit from North Stand! 

Noise is a funny one as it depends on everyone. Hopefully over the season this improves, but we can only do so much.

The visual stuff went well though!

70 flags were taken out of 350 which is a shame, and higher than we'd hoped. Hopefully people bring them back on Tuesday. Benefit of the doubt for now despite labels on every flag saying leave them there!

have to think most seem to be by those with kids... So maybe they never read the label. Giving them the benefit there though. 

Should have done a tannoy announcement. Would only take a few games of announcement to say leave them and then you wouldn't need to any longer. 

Expected an announcement or somebody on the stairs to be grabbing them.

Went well I thought.

I think the quiet was tension? Not lack of optimism or anything like that. Those around me seemed happy enough when it was quiet. Soon as we had a near miss you could sense there was potential for everyone to lose their ****

Sorry to hear about the flags. You sometimes can't do nice things for people because they're bell ends. Hopefully most are bringing them back for every game which isn't bad

Tbh it's not even if they're officail merchandise and they see pounds signs.  They're bits of either black or white cloth on a piece of what looks like 20mm conduit with black insulation tape stuck over the ends.

theyre not meant to be stolen, they're ment to look good from afar.

i blame the parents, not the kids, if they don't bring them back every time.

Definitely benefit of the doubt for now, but as was pointed out above, up close they are very "homemade" and really nothing youd be that excited about showing off!

Anyway, hopefully they come on Tuesday, and with a bit of luck stewards and tannoy can help us out.

If we lose another 70 we have to rethink though.

I thought today when it was loud, it was really really loud and during quiet periods it was just people watching the match.

Also, I would like to say I heard very little moaning around me today.

Archived