The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've set up a page on Facebook to support the twitter group. Www.Facebook.com/1884group. Spread the word!

​I just like the page pal. What you think of the pics I tweeted on twitter? :)

Just followed it on Twitter 

its a good idea watford had a few good displays last season, just black and white displays would look good if it was the full South stand, last season I was in the South stand and I am again this season but there was to much negativity, not singing much, not getting behind the players. A few new good songs and displays will help I'm sure. 

Just followed it on Twitter 

its a good idea watford had a few good displays last season, just black and white displays would look good if it was the full South stand, last season I was in the South stand and I am again this season but there was to much negativity, not singing much, not getting behind the players. A few new good songs and displays will help I'm sure. 

​Credits to them i'm impressed with it.

Something to aim for. First step is outdoing the Lower Bridgford End vs us last year

​Definitely. Got to start somewhere then more to come afterwards, B4 would love it me thinks.

​Credits to them i'm impressed with it.

​Definitely. Got to start somewhere then more to come afterwards, B4 would love it me thinks.

They had some great displays, we need to have some, we have the crowd the support too do it. Instead last season I  had a man sat behind me who never stopped shouting swearing negative things towards the players. Was so so embarresing. 

They had some great displays, we need to have some, we have the crowd the support too do it. Instead last season I  had a man sat behind me who never stopped shouting swearing negative things towards the players. Was so so embarresing. 

​Agreed we need to do it. Yeah I know it's so annoying to hear things like that and that's not helping the players is it? Idiots.

​Agreed we need to do it. Yeah I know it's so annoying to hear things like that and that's not helping the players is it? Idiots.

No it doesn't help the players at all, if he showed the passion he shows putting the players down into getting behind them then he'd be the best fan going 

​Its not the song, its the inspiration, getting all or most of the SS to join in is the aim.

When did football fans become snobbish about copying songs anyrode. If it creates a great atmosphere and gets behind the team AND,we enjoy it...it makes no difference if someone, somewhere has once sang something similar.

We used to sing YNWA, loudly and passionately back in the 70's on the Popside, so feckin what!

There's a pathetic amount of snobbery about it not being "cool" to sing this or that song, its total bollux. I don't care what we sing as long as 4,000 are bouncing and encouraging the rest of the ground to join in.

So there.

​I didn't realise that YNWA was Man Utd's song before Liverpool .When Gerry and the Pacemakers recorded it in the sixties the Man Utd fans dropped it because the band was from Liverpool.

Although I sit in North Stand I have followed as these are the songs we will hopefully be singing away from home too. Totally agree about that dreadful Collymore song but I usually join in with anything else. I agree a bit more variety would be welcome. 

saw somebody post the Only Fools and Horses song last year with the ending as "Patrick Bamford's gonna scoreeeee" and I thought that was good/different. Could work with Bent/Martin/Russell instead. If anybody's feeling creative they could even change the words a bit to make it more Derby themed too.

Archived