The 1884 Group

Seen on Twitter a new group has launched looking to bring some new songs to the south stand and carry on the good work Nick started with the banners.

Want to try and get the south stand filled with dozens of smaller flags as well as the bigger ones.

if there's enough interest on Twitter and on here we can look at getting things moving and build on how last season went.

if you're interested, up for helping get chants going and bringing a bit of fun to matches, follow @dcfc1884support, and no, I'm not the account holder.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tweeted Nick other day about it and surprise surprise no reply at all.  I did mentioned on this forum we need something like that in South Stand, new ideas needed and NEW SONGS too.

Black & white with Ram in the middle will look quality in South Stand

Black & white ballons

Plenty big & small flags

Banners of Derby County legends? Likes of Gordon Guthrie etc?

Banners for current players? Likes of Hughes, Hendrick, Russell(The one he celebrated at Brum to us) Grant etc

Think of DECENT songs to go with it.

Get iPro ROCKING every game

:)

The problem with the SS is that the majority of people who moved there went for the cheap tickets and not so that they could sing, which is why Forest and Brighton last year had such a special atmosphere - everybody who was there wanted to be vocal. Over time it'll sort itself out I imagine.

Wouldn't Facebook be a better place for this? or are they going for 140 character chants? 124 characters after you've added the username in the tweet.

Can link the Twitter account so when you post a status it tweets out an abbreviated version of the status with a link.

I'd even throw up a South Stand forum board on here if there was enough demand and used seriously

So instead of copying Crystal Palace songs, we're copying Motherwell songs?

Coventry fans were doing that chant in concourse at The Emirates. Everyone steals each other's chants & claim it as their own! 

So instead of copying Crystal Palace songs, we're copying Motherwell songs?

​Its not the song, its the inspiration, getting all or most of the SS to join in is the aim.

When did football fans become snobbish about copying songs anyrode. If it creates a great atmosphere and gets behind the team AND,we enjoy it...it makes no difference if someone, somewhere has once sang something similar.

We used to sing YNWA, loudly and passionately back in the 70's on the Popside, so feckin what!

There's a pathetic amount of snobbery about it not being "cool" to sing this or that song, its total bollux. I don't care what we sing as long as 4,000 are bouncing and encouraging the rest of the ground to join in.

So there.

Archived