Sam Rush interview

​Well, of course the interview had vetted questions and answers - it's an interview released by DCFC, so there is always going  to be an element of considered content 'bias' - but there would be if they were announcing another club partner sponsoring the soap dispensers, or whatever.

It's not as if they hide behind this 'propeganda', as they regularly hold Q&A sessions with the fans who get to ask what they want.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. It's just PR. They're not trying to pull the wool (pun not intended) over our eyes.

I'm not getting worked up about it.

I understand the PR side of it, I just think it's odd that a club that prides itself on fan/community relations uses a tool like that. 

It's the old trope of all truth but not so much honesty.

Not having a go at the club perse, just more of a lament towards modern, media inflected times.

Anyhoo, I waffle.

on a lighter note, Sam does look like he's either sat in a child's chair, or he's straining 'at stool'.

lets hope he doesn't do an Elvis on us.

He's got a coach to hire.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bullsh1tter.

A) It doesn't take 3 weeks to make this decision.

B) We will have someone lined up already

C) It will affect our recruitment policy not having a manager/settled manager for 2 weeks.

I agree with the first statement, but maybe

a) not to get rid, but maybe to make sure you have someone you believe is better that is both available and willing to take the job.

c) if you think someone is already lined up, then it won't affect the recruitment, as dialogue will continue even though it's not been announced.

What a bullsh1tter.

C) It will affect our recruitment policy not having a manager/settled manager for 2 weeks.

​He explained why. He analyses what has happened. He then goes to Mel and they discuss things and they go to the board/ownership group with any information and data they have and they all make a decision together.

It will take a week sounds more like we will be announcing Monday to me. The deal will be done by Friday most likely. The club has identified key targets and pursue them whoever comes. The incoming manager has to agree to that first. So it's not really wasting time. It's an ongoing process. 

​He explained why. He analyses what has happened. He then goes to Mel and they discuss things and they go to the board/ownership group with any information and data they have and they all make a decision together.

It will take a week sounds more like we will be announcing Monday to me. The deal will be done by Friday most likely. The club has identified key targets and pursue them whoever comes. The incoming manager has to agree to that first. So it's not really wasting time. It's an ongoing process. 

​Are you Colin Gibson?

anybody just heard the guy on the call in basically list a load of defeats and imply he couldn't forgive mac for us losing those games, implying the team shouldn't ever lose. So ridiculous! He didnt renew his season ticket after wembley but he has now macs gone. Unbelievable

What a bullsh1tter.

In reply to C I think the fact we will be having a new manager would be attractive to a player looking to prove themselves, they will be on a level par with the players that have been in the squad a while. And as Rush said our fan base and set up is premier league, I dont think we have any worries about attracting players.

In reply to C I think the fact we will be having a new manager would be attractive to a player looking to prove themselves, they will be on a level par with the players that have been in the squad a while. And as Rush said our fan base and set up is premier league, I dont think we have any worries about attracting players.

​We should be looking at free agents. This is a key time to pick them up. We are effectively going to miss 2 weeks of this period.

​We should be looking at free agents. This is a key time to pick them up. We are effectively going to miss 2 weeks of this period.

The "coach" role suggests people behind the scenes will already be making calls, and I don't doubt for a second the new manager is already in contact they will know who's coming.

Someone just mentioned Didier Drogba. 

It's confirmed - people are ******* nutty. 

I always regret listening to the call in after its finished because there are always guys like this barry who just suggest unrealistic things!

Also why does everyone keep worrying about the next manager being linked with other clubs if we do well, people are starting to sound like they have been cheated on by an ex and are now overly insecure and will destroy all their future relationships through paranoia.

​Barry from Burton seems a bit odd

I always regret listening to the call in after its finished because there are always guys like this barry who just suggest unrealistic things!

Also why does everyone keep worrying about the next manager being linked with other clubs if we do well, people are starting to sound like they have been cheated on by an ex and are now overly insecure and will destroy all their future relationships through paranoia.

Barry from Burton, if you are on here reveal yourself!!!

Archived