What loyalty should we expect from a manager?

Carl Sagan

Was this when he continually said that he wanted to stay or when he kept turning down the Newcastle job?

He didn't say that until it had been rumbling on for many many weeks. 

By the way, Lawyers, I don't mean it, I just get a bit stroppy when annoyed. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Times change pops. Just because you remember when all this was fields and you had to ride to school on your dads wooly mammoth it doesn't mean that it's any worse these days.

Bit insulting and disrespectful but I couldn't help laughing so you got a like.

TobyWanKenobi

Bit insulting and disrespectful but I couldn't help laughing so you got a like.

​Respect is earned. Saying it's sad that people don't agree with an outdated belief does not earn respect.

Times change pops. Just because you remember when all this was fields and you had to ride to school on your dads wooly mammoth it doesn't mean that it's any worse these days.

Loyalty is a good value to have and it would appear that the youth of today cannot even recognise that.

TobyWanKenobi

Loyalty is a good value to have and it would appear that the youth of today cannot even recognise that.

​Or maybe the stupidity of the older generations is dying out.

Loyalty in football these days is virtually non-existent, I remember a period of testimonials for long service, when was the last one for Derby...

as in managers it's the same, SMC really didn't see this sacking coming, and I don't think majority of us did tbh, and why should he keep saying it's speculation I'm staying etc? He had years of that with the press during and after his England days, same with players being touted, a 10 year contract means nowt these days, just an insurance for the club due to the Bosman ruling

Archived