Mel Morris new owner?

“I wanted to remain with the club and was confident in leading the side to a successful season next year. However, I have to accept the club’s owner,Mel Morris, wants to take a new direction." 

Macs statement seems to suggest that Morris is the new owner. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Sky were clear earlier that Mel Morris is a minority owner with 25% share holding.

Morris may be a minority owner but he is still an owner. 

The following isn't an attack on you archram so please don't take it this way, its just my opinion:

Not sure why people are assuming Mel Morris = big money for Derby to spend.

He is worth a little more than me I admit, but he isn't worth more than Brett Wilson and some of the other people who currently own/owned us and they haven't chucked daft amounts at it.

I would worry that given Mel is worth about half a billion, does he actually have the money to take us to the next level without using debt to achieve it? I wonder.

Don't like his decision to sack McClaren, don't agree with it at all. McClaren had the backing of Rush and the board seem to trust Rush, but now Morris has got a bigger stake he has more influence and it seems like one of his first decisions was to sack Mac. 

Yes he has a lot of money, but so does Fawaz and look where they are. We stuck with Clough for 4 years and his highest position was 10th and now we sack McClaren whose lowest position was 8th, it really does seem rash. 

now Morris has got a bigger stake he has more influence and it seems like one of his first decisions was to sack Mac.

​Or so you're going to guess. Any evidence of that? I'm sure eddie will love this post, you even backed it up with the good old fashioned "it seems".

It seems like I'm a top quality poster but in actuality my posts are normally a waste of keyboard plastic.

It seems like you know what you're talking about but in actually you're just as clueless as the rest of us.

The following isn't an attack on you archram so please don't take it this way, its just my opinion:

He is worth a little more than me I admit, but he isn't worth more than Brett Wilson and some of the other people who currently own/owned us and they haven't chucked daft amounts at it.

I would worry that given Mel is worth about half a billion, does he actually have the money to take us to the next level without using debt to achieve it? I wonder.

He may have less money than the other owners, but equally he's probably more likely to spend some of his money than the others are....

PistoldPete2

Mel Morris is about 10 times richer than Lionel Pickering who did take us to the next level .. It depends on how much of his wealth he wants to put up... In pickerings case it was nearly all of it. In Brett wilsons case I doubt he would want to put up more than a fraction. 

PistoldPete2

​Or so you're going to guess. Any evidence of that? I'm sure eddie will love this post, you even backed it up with the good old fashioned "it seems".

It seems like I'm a top quality poster but in actuality my posts are normally a waste of keyboard plastic.

It seems like you know what you're talking about but in actually you're just as clueless as the rest of us.

Well Steve Mac says it was Mel Morris's decision which is pretty good evidence if you ask me.

Don't like his decision to sack McClaren, don't agree with it at all. McClaren had the backing of Rush and the board seem to trust Rush, but now Morris has got a bigger stake he has more influence and it seems like one of his first decisions was to sack Mac. 

Yes he has a lot of money, but so does Fawaz and look where they are. We stuck with Clough for 4 years and his highest position was 10th and now we sack McClaren whose lowest position was 8th, it really does seem rash. 

​Even if his stake has risen to 25% (and I'll believe that only following an official statement,or via evidence given in the next annual return),he can't make a decision on anything major-it would have to be a board decision.

​Mac practically says it here  "I have to accept the club’s owner,Mel Morris, wants to take a new direction."

Archived