McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where are all the people now who for months called me nothing but a WUM now? I told you months ago he was going but no-one believed me

​So that's your first thought when the club makes a massive decision? "I was right"? Great fan you are.

We knew it was coming and in my opinion the right decision. Still, Steve did a great job most of his time here. Took us from mediocre to serious players in the league, but the massive regression over the last few months was obviously just too worrying for the board and (hopefully) they felt Clement would be a better appointment.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Sam, we now need some positivity - new coach, backroom sorted, players knowing where they are...

After the Reading game (my anger still has not subsided!) I felt like I did after that appalling Prem season - disjointed club, weak-willed team, uncertain future...the club still has 20,000+ expectant S/T holders to produce the desired progress for; hope to see some action now.

We've become first fragile and faltering, and then a laughing stock since February. Turn it around, Sam.

Whoever is Head Coach, he should issue each DCFC player with a DVD of the 2015 Championship play-off final, so they can absorb how to take charge of a play-off final and then see the game out. (Not saying we should aim for Wembley next season - keep the same target, automatic promotion!)

Norwich were exemplary, with a coach having just 25 games behind him at the club. Anything is possible!

Not sure if Boro will be the same force next time around. C O Y R

​He was only sacked because the original plan was for him to resign but still get paid but our board refused to pay him. His legal team told him not to leave without getting a payment but our board had enough waiting for him to resign so sacked him. As a result they are likely to pay him,despite not planning to give him anything originally, so we can quickly get in a replacement and not disrupt the start of next season. In hindsight the board should have given him the money straight away at the start.

​Bloody hell, is your mate Sam Rush? I doubt your friend knew all of this unless he is part of the board which I highly doubt. 

As fondly as I'll remember the exciting times Mac brought back to the club, as far as I can see the trust between him, the fans, and the board had declined beyond the point of no return and, had he continued, we wouldn't have been able to plan for the future.  Good luck to him in the future, but we've got to look forward now and welcome the new gaffer (presumably Clement) into the DCFC family.

In Rush we trust.

Quite sad it has not worked out for him. Fantastic first season after taking over from Nigel Clough and at times the football was really wonderful. Brighton playoff home game and Forest 5-0 will never leave the memory of those who saw. Credit where it's due and, well, just thanks for that Steve. 

Time to go now though. If it was Newcastle, lost dressing room , bad results, cooling of relations with the owners, we don't know, but something had gone awfully wrong in the camp. Brave decision to sack him. 

I wish him well and hope we have made the right decision. 

​Bloody hell, is your mate Sam Rush? I doubt your friend knew all of this unless he is part of the board which I highly doubt. 

​First of all it was not my friend. Second of all I was correct about him leaving. I'm giving you a reason for why he didn't resign as he first intended to(which i stated ages ago.)

One thing to say about Sam Rush, he has some awfully big gonads.

He certainly takes no ****. Clough out in a flash and McClaren in was a big call. Despite not getting promoted under McClaren the club, the squad, the stature has all increased enormously. Now chopping Mac to potentially bring someone in with no experience of being the main man is a massive call.

If it goes tits up then Rush will be on his ****and there will be no mercy from the Derby fans.

If this works and this time next year we're a PL club then move over Brian we'll need to add another statue on your podium my friend.

Where are all the people now who for months called me nothing but a WUM now? I told you months ago he was going but no-one believed me

You're like the guy in the film that tells everyone the world is going to end, and everyone ignores him. 99.9% of the time they'd be right to, he's a nutter, but because he's got his name above the title, and the title is 'the day the world ended', the viewer has a pretty good idea that he will be right on this rare occasion, and all his naysayers will look a bit sheepish. But that's just for Hollywood effects, in reality, they were right to disregard him as the nutter he is  

I put it to you that 3 months hence the world will be swallowed whole by a giant space whale. Feel free to disregard me as the nutter I clearly am, but if it actually comes to pass that in 3 months time we're staring into oblivion, I'll be the first to say, 'I told you so.'

​First of all it was not my friend. Second of all I was correct about him leaving. I'm giving you a reason for why he didn't resign as he first intended to(which i stated ages ago.)

​That doesn't mean anything, anyone can say that someone is leaving. If I say that Ancelotti is going to get sacked and I know because I am "IKN" and then it happens, it still really means nothing. 

2394364_1_M.jpg

You're like the guy in the film that tells everyone the world is going to end, and everyone ignores him. 99.9% of the time they'd be right to, he's a nutter, but because he's got his name above the title, and the title is 'the day the world ended', the viewer has a pretty good idea that he will be right on this rare occasion, and all his naysayers will look a bit sheepish. But that's just for Hollywood effects, in reality, they were right to disregard him as the nutter he is  

I put it to you that 3 months hence the world will be swallowed whole by a giant space whale. Feel free to disregard me as the nutter I clearly am, but if it actually comes to pass that in 3 months time we're staring into oblivion, I'll be the first to say, 'I told you so.'

​Well I got the prediction on Mascarell and Warnock coming here correct as well

Got mixed feeling about this, he dispelled my belief that going one down was game over which was usually the case prior to him joining us, he instilled a swagger and almost cockiness about us I liked initially but ultimately (for me) he wasn't happy with his lot and was tempted by the fruit of another at the first opportunity, well, Stevie boy, you don't **** with Derby County and not pay the price, yeah you're good, but you ain't that good.

One thing to say about Sam Rush, he has some awfully big gonads.

He certainly takes no ****. Clough out in a flash and McClaren in was a big call. Despite not getting promoted under McClaren the club, the squad, the stature has all increased enormously. Now chopping Mac to potentially bring someone in with no experience of being the main man is a massive call.

If it goes tits up then Rush will be on his ****and there will be no mercy from the Derby fans.

If this works and this time next year we're a PL club then move over Brian we'll need to add another statue on your podium my friend.

Not so sure it's Rush's decision. Looks as if he is just implementing the boards will.

Archived