McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people harping on about the team spirit created by Clough, I'm pretty sure one of his last home games was against Reading and it wasn't too dissimilar from the last game against Reading.

It's a mystery!

​People make way to much off team spirit or is that just believing Cloughs talk. Many a good side have had players and fractions that haven't got on.  

Is that it then? Is this the amount of information the club is going to supply the fans with?  The bad end to the season played a part in the decision but there were other unnamed factors as well. Lovely

8868957_f520.jpg

I don't think he was speaking and saying nothing for the whole 5 minutes. And what he doesn't say is as interesting as what he does say. One huge positive of the system we have in place at Derby is that I never feel like we are in any great rush (pun fully intended) to make a decision. Despite a feeling by many that sacking McClaren was a harsh decision, you'll struggle to find anyone claiming it was a knee-jerk reaction or that it was hasty. They've clearly deliberated for a very long time over this and genuinely believe this is what's best for Derby County. 

Another thing I picked up on was that we want to get to the Premier League and STAY there. Clearly, the board and Sam Rush are as underwhelmed by many of McClaren's targets as were a lot of fans. There was something about the current set-up that never felt like it was going to be long-term. 

SillyBilly

Only just found out. Bit harsh sacking but I sense there is something in McClaren's comment about Mel Morris and Sam's hints about direction that, aside from the collapse of the last few months, some general differences in thinking have led to this decision. We can only speculate what that might be, I have my own theories.

I am not gutted, McClaren could have dismissed outright Newcastle rumours and enjoyed full fan backing despite the shambles of the last quarter of the season, he chose to walk around it. Wish him well though, did well but for the last few months.

Archived