McClaren Gone

Cam the Ram

Was sacking McClaren the right decision?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done so much for the club over the last 18 months but the inability to communicate with the club, fans and media in the last 8 weeks, perceived arrogance and "the collapse", May be the right move for him to leave.

Only time will tell. Thanks for the memories Steve.

Sad to see, he could have really achieved something with us but it seems that a lack of an effective back-up plan when things didn't go our way, culminated with the refusal to nip the Newcastle rumour in the bud early days and the opinions of new significant investment has put an end to his reign.

Looking back I think Mac would definitely have done things differently. The job was lost through what happened in January/Feb in my opinion but Derby were around a long time before Mac and will be around a long time after. I'm glad we can now move on, get a new guy in and really start planning. Big season ahead.

Ewe Rams.

Where are all the people now who for months called me nothing but a WUM now? I told you months ago he was going but no-one believed me

​Give this man a medal as big as a frying pan - or he might cry.

Where are all the people now who for months called me nothing but a WUM now? I told you months ago he was going but no-one believed me

​My goodness, how self-centered are you? Keep repeating something over and over again, and it'll happen eventually. 

Jose Mourinho will leave Chelsea. You heard it here first

Sad to see, he could have really achieved something with us but it seems that a lack of an effective back-up plan when things didn't go our way, culminated with the refusal to nip the Newcastle rumour in the bud early days and the opinions of new significant investment has put an end to his reign.

Looking back I think Mac would definitely have done things differently. The job was lost through what happened in January/Feb in my opinion but Derby were around a long time before Mac and will be around a long time after. I'm glad we can now move on, get a new guy in and really start planning. Big season ahead.

Ewe Rams.

​Good post, and my thoughts. All got a bit too weird at the start of the year.

Wish him well and hope he goes on to another club (with a wedge of our cash in his pocket!).

Even a stopped clock's right twice a day, you told us he was quitting to be closer to his family, unless they're living in the job centre you weren't right.

Hmmm, sorry to see him go but we don't know the ins and outs of why, me thinks the Newcastle thing had the majority to do with it. The only thing that concerns me is that we've sacked him which means a nice big compo package for him! Bound to affect our transfer kitty 

Archived