Paul Clement in talks?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Because most people would have heard of him.

He's been on my radar since: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/08/paul-clement-englishman-psg 

He's an exciting prospect. No one can read the future but as appointments go this is a good one. 

​Don't worry DEL just presumes that because he hadn't heard of him, anybody else saying anything positive about Clement has clearly never heard of him either.

​Moyes may have made mistakes but he had no chance to succeed at Manure. The players never accepted him.

​The combined age of the Man U midfield at the time of his taking over was 142 yrs. Fergie left at entirely the right moment. Nothing about whether the players accepted him.  A great many positions in the team had to filled with new players. It was also a hospital pass for Moyes but he fancied himself for the job.

​The combined age of the Man U midfield at the time of his taking over was 142 yrs. Fergie left at entirely the right moment. Nothing about whether the players accepted him.  A great many positions in the team had to filled with new players. It was also a hospital pass for Moyes but he fancied himself for the job.

​Who's the 142 years then? Given that Scholes had retired and Giggs barely played.

The players didn't want to play for him, and no one wanted to join.

​Can't see us getting Warburton.

I rate him as a manager but wasn't the dispute at Brentford over having control of the transfers? Brentford are planning to implement a system that we currently utilise, if he's left Brentford for that reason, he won't join us surely?

​Strictly speaking the system Brentford are about to implement is a more analysis/stats based approach to recruiting, that would've given him no say in who was bought.  Ours is based around a large scouting network and "on the ground intel", providing the manager with a number of different options for the manager to decide who he wants.  The DoF then works on the deal through to completion.

#justsaying

​Also worth remembering that David Gill retired the same time as Fergie, so Moyes was left with a CEO trying to do deals when nobody had heard of him before.  Moyes' targets top players (Fabregas, Alacantra etc.) but qithout Gill's savy he didn't stand a chance of getting any of them...

We got loads of good loans in with Mac, do u think this new guy, will be able to attract the same caliber of loans ?

I expect he will. He may never have been a head coach before, but he's a highly touted prospect with experience at some of the top clubs in Europe. Based on that alone, agents will at least return phone calls. ​

Let's just hope none of those agents are Aidy Ward.

We got loads of good loans in with Mac, do u think this new guy, will be able to attract the same caliber of loans ?

​Be interesting to see where Ancelotti ends up next...

Sounds like good appointment, but he has to be too. Mac left big (but leaky) boots to fill, especially if you compare those to Clough's flip-flops.

BTW Castilla's team is pretty sausage, but PSG's academy is one of the bests in the world...Interesting times ahead! (as since the season ended, it has been boring as hell...)

the fact that we have had 3 weeks to sack Mack and I would imagine the board have been considering options whilst we were failing in the latter part of the season..I cannot believe that they would not have been in talks and assured of replacing him before his sacking.If they have failed to accomplish this and we are in a position of no one already being appointed the board have shown as much aptitude as Steve in being able to plan ahead.

i would suspect  Clement to have agreed terms but doesn't officially leave Real till next week ,hence the delay in any announcement

All other managers  being connected to the club appear to be inappropriate and of a lesser class than Steve.I. Appreciate Clement is unproven but with his experience working with top professionals and elite clubs could be a wise gamble.

​Be interesting to see where Ancelotti ends up next...

​Out of the 7 teams he has managed, he only managed Milan for more than 2 years.

He always seems like a highly rated manager who doesn't really get the time to make a squad his own.

I hope he has a year off and then goes to Man City and gets time and money to develop a team. I think that's his ideal fit. Old team in need of a complete reshuffle and a inexperienced/not internationally renowned 'franchise' (as in Depay and other foreign players would see Man U over Man City due to the history). A great manager who can be trusted with the Man City money.

Archived