Paul Clement in talks?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That can't be good news?

I think we were hoping to have got McLaren gone last week and Clement in before any prem clubs started sniffing.

I can see us ending up with Big Sam....or Warburton.

​On the other hand, all the talk of Clement to Derby might have been bull right from the word go. What have you got to go on? #ITK?

Interesting, where did you hear this?

​Its the inside talk of the Northern Echo......

If we were ever interested in PC and the Mac story is correct, then he may have gone before we ever spoke to him.....

I was never quite sure where this Paul Clement story to Derby originated?

That can't be good news?

I think we were hoping to have got McLaren gone last week and Clement in before any prem clubs started sniffing.

I can see us ending up with Big Sam....or Warburton.

​Can't see us getting Warburton.

I rate him as a manager but wasn't the dispute at Brentford over having control of the transfers? Brentford are planning to implement a system that we currently utilise, if he's left Brentford for that reason, he won't join us surely?

Worth listening to Ashley's interview, I think he said he would have no input into the new manager, And wouldn't be part of that process.

i was only half listening, so may have for that wrong.

Worth listening to Ashley's interview, I think he said he would have no input into the new manager, And wouldn't be part of that process.

i was only half listening, so may have for that wrong.

​He said he wouldn't be involved in the selection process and that he was going to invest more in the club

I was listening to a reporter on talksport,who said the Brentford job is weird

The owner wants to pick players on % of lots of different things ,and the manager is contacted throughout the game ,by a statistician ,who informs the manager what to say at half time

​Can't see us getting Warburton.

I rate him as a manager but wasn't the dispute at Brentford over having control of the transfers? Brentford are planning to implement a system that we currently utilise, if he's left Brentford for that reason, he won't join us surely?

​Not only transfers but computer based decision making too, just like Cardifframs just said.

Apparently Paul Clement has arrived in London for talks, speculation was it was with West Ham, but meeting up with Ashley from Newcastle..........

​"Apparently"... "speculation". 

I'd say this story has been pulled kicking and screaming out of Uranus.

The owner wants to pick players on % of lots of different things ,and the manager is contacted throughout the game ,by a statistician ,who informs the manager what to say at half time

​CM01/02

​You'd think Warburton, as an ex city trader, would be used to acting immediately on computer printout stuff or die.

So we're thinking of paying a huge f*** off fee to a manager/'head coach' who is one of the best in the Championship, and has built a tremendous side and plans to add to it - to potentially lose out on our 'main target'. This seems absolutely ludacrous. There better be a bloody brilliant plan...

Archived