Time to move on from mac

Thameram

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the people, who a month ago felt that McClaren had done enough to distance himself from the Newcastle job changed their minds or do they still believe it?

They seem to be keeping schtum.

I haven't really waded into this debate because ultimately, I want whatever's best for the club and don't really care (too much) about whatever drama has or hasn't happened behind the scenes. 

At this point, I don't think what's gone on -- or not -- between Mac and Newcastle matters, except for the conditions of his departure. Unfortunately, professional football is full of self-interested people who manoeuvre in ways that serve only themselves. It would have been nice to think that he was better than that, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's just like almost everyone else. 

So now the club has to act as mercenary too. What's most important is that things get settled things as soon as possible and in the club's best interests as much as possible. That way, we can make the personnel changes necessary to fix our problems and give the new manager/coach plenty of time to get prepared for the next season.

That's all we ultimately care about. 

I think its strange.

to be laughing and joking with Sam about it one minute, then presumably sacked because of it the next?

its was already old news....fish and chip paper.....

one of the strangest sackings / departures we have ever had.

Have the people, who a month ago felt that McClaren had done enough to distance himself from the Newcastle job changed their minds or do they still believe it?

​Still waiting and seeing.

​I am one of those naive folk in denial but now I put my hands up and admit I was wrong. I can't see how he can stay now. 

SPECULATION ALERT

DCFC is a huge club. It is a premiership club in terms of stadium & facilities but at the moment it has an under achieving team. The club were banking (literally) in McClaren bringing the team up to the clubs profile. They wanted and paid for absolute dedication to the cause.

McClaren and the team became very unlucky with injuries. Notwithstanding that the club (Morris in particular) backed McClaren with who he said he needed namely Albentosa, Ince & Bent.

The team gradually go from a position of strength to eventually against Reading being totally, and I mean totally inept. During that time you have irritatingly heard your main man repeatedly fail to categorically rule himself out of another position. (That's how I heard all the painful interviews until right at the end when it was too late).

What do you do this season? Go with this guy again or look at something else? I know what I would do.

Watching and waiting for the yellow bar on SSN to read "Steve McClaren sacked by Derby County" with some sadness and regret.

Yes he didn't get the promotion we all thought we were nailed on to get, but it will be a sad day for me when he does finally and inevitably get the chop. 

Hope we retain the services of Big Eric though, Simmo.... Meh!!

I am hoping we get the dirty job done as quick as possible now as this has gone on far too long. The length of this draw out process has IMO made us look a laughing stock to be honest. 

Because I have been seriously ill in hospital for the last 2 months I haven't been able

to follow our fortunes,and not able to comment.In fact before my collapse We were still

in line for automatic promotion.Now ST has been toasted I have mixed feelings about

the situation.The buck always stops with the manager.On the other hand you have to

look at where we were when he came,and think are we in a better or worse position

after the 18 months or so.

When he arrived we were 14th and dropping quicker than a whores drawers.Now we are

8th almost made it,should he be given longer?I tend to take that view,not necessarily all season

but perhaps till xmas.

However the powers that be think different,and we will support whoever.

Right now I'm watching M'Boro v Norwich looks a cracker.

Thank you Archram,I was in an induced coma at the end of season and spent a lot

of the time in intensive care and not expected to live.However I fought off Viral

Pneumonia and I'm back.I have had further thoughts on the situation since my

last contribution and wonder if SM wasn't a victim of his own success.Lets say

after taking over he stopped our slide and took us to say 7th or 8th,and then said

give me a couple of years and then promotion.Then this season got us to 8th without

making the top 6.Would we have  sacked him?I think not.We have taken a big gamble

lets hope we don't regret it.

of the time in intensive care and not expected to live.However I fought off Viral

after taking over he stopped our slide and took us to say 7th or 8th,and then said

give me a couple of years and then promotion.Then this season got us to 8th without

making the top 6.Would we have  sacked him?I think not.We have taken a big gamble

​Great news. If only the players had as much fight as you in the last 2 months of the season.

​Welcome back.

No gags.

Crikey, good to see you back mate.

Good your back mate. :)

Archived