Time to move on from mac

Thameram

Having read a lot of different articles over the past months its clear that mcclaren's head was turned big time and we as a club suffered in the worst way possible,his refusal to come out and commit himself to the rams was insulting to the people that pay his wages,loyalty cost's nothing after we dragged his reputation back to the forefront of the football world we deserved better everyone looks to better themselves I know but he has behaved poorly constant denying the Geordie link when everyman and his dog knew he had been approached,will be glad when its over get behind the new man and lets move on if its clement we should be well impressed with the pulling power off the club and board he is a top coach well respected in the game and well capable of taking us to the next level with good investment and a plan b because plan a failed this season when we took out the main players

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read a lot of different articles over the past months its clear that mcclaren's head was turned big time and we as a club suffered in the worst way possible,his refusal to come out and commit himself to the rams was insulting to the people that pay his wages,loyalty cost's nothing after we dragged his reputation back to the forefront of the football world we deserved better everyone looks to better themselves I know but he has behaved poorly constant denying the Geordie link when everyman and his dog knew he had been approached,will be glad when its over get behind the new man and lets move on if its clement we should be well impressed with the pulling power off the club and board he is a top coach well respected in the game and well capable of taking us to the next level with good investment and a plan b because plan a failed this season when we took out the main players

That's a hell of a sentence.

So he refused to come out and commit himself to the rams but also constantly denied the rumour linking him with Newcastle.....can't win can he??

​That is a drastic oversimplification of what has transpired. McClaren could have easily quashed the rumours as they emerged. He never had to let them fester. Speculation happens, but when there was so much angst building around it, all it would take is him just coming out and saying "I am not interested in the Newcastle Job, I will not be taking it if offered". He never said that, he danced around the point, and after, to my knowledge, he had already ruled himself out of other jobs. Regardless of what has or has not happened this week, McClaren "could win" in that he could have come and outright declared that he wasn't interested in the Newcastle job. But he didn't and here we are. 

If hypothetically, the management had spoken with him and come to the conclusion he was not committed enough to the cause to keep his job, then they would have made that decision with a far greater knowledge of the situation than we have. At this point we don't whether or not such has happened, and we most definitely aren't in possession of all of the facts. At this point I would highly recommend waiting until the result of all of this does come out. 

​Death is a hell of a sentence.

​This thread is now a human rights debate!

​no I write the biggest sentences, that's just not fair,im not playing anymore !!!

​Come on now, is this really going to be a contest about stringing together as long a sentence as possible, because of those annoying things about English is that you really can just keep a sentence going with pointless joining words like, well anything that I've already thrown into this mess, but you have to be cautious as the sentence quickly becomes somewhat horrifying, but ultimately still somewhat of a sentence, at least according to some though you have to keep putting in more and more repetitive connections and such unless you're just lazy and repeat yourself like how I'm now just repeating myself about how one of the more annoying things about English is that you really can just keep a sentence going with pointless joining words like, well you've been reading to this point, keeping in mind that the more annoying aspect of English is that it's a horrible mishmash of words from various languages with different spelling traditions which leads us to nice and friendly issues like how spelling may as well be pictographs, as on the whole it would make as much sense, but at least we have an alphabet of sorts under it, but we should all notice how the same cluster of letters can be said entirely differently like rough and dough, but forget all that because those annoying things about English we obviously can't forget that you can just string a long rambling, wafflingly, trailing mess of a sentence together which while vaguely incoherent and hard to read and follow, could still be mistaken for English at times, though I can't think of how McClaren is actually linked to any of this anymore...

Thing to remember here is that Steve Mac is still in his position and maybe will be next Sunday.

Until the club makes a statement on it and if the reports have not been true why should they then we are basing everything on press reports.

Now some are highly respected journalists but they are basing their stories on  sources who may not know the whole situation.Last summer theory spent ages reporting all sorts about Bryson leaving and nothing happened there.Never mind how often Will Hughes has been leaving

We could all look very silly.....I do not think we will but it is just thought 

Regardless of what has happened over the last few months, or indeed takes place over the next few days, I'm sure I'll remember most of the last couple of seasons pretty fondly.  Mac has made it a joy to watch Derby County again, and, for the first time in quite a while, I can happily say I'm a Derby supporter without somebody making a comment about THAT season - for that, I'll always be thankful of the work that his team has put into getting us where we are.

That being said, I think it is time that we left Mac behind now (as it looks like we are anyway) - putting aside the Newcastle speculation, as I'm unsure as to where the line is that fact becomes mere fiction, the collapse that we've experienced in the last few months is catastrophic by any clubs standards.  It really looks like something has gone wrong, despite the injuries, and I just don't think there is any way I can justify keeping Mac on after that.  If it is Clement, and it looks like it is, then its exciting times ahead!

Regardless of what has happened over the last few months, or indeed takes place over the next few days, I'm sure I'll remember most of the last couple of seasons pretty fondly.  Mac has made it a joy to watch Derby County again, and, for the first time in quite a while, I can happily say I'm a Derby supporter without somebody making a comment about THAT season - for that, I'll always be thankful of the work that his team has put into getting us where we are.

That being said, I think it is time that we left Mac behind now (as it looks like we are anyway) - putting aside the Newcastle speculation, as I'm unsure as to where the line is that fact becomes mere fiction, the collapse that we've experienced in the last few months is catastrophic by any clubs standards.  It really looks like something has gone wrong, despite the injuries, and I just don't think there is any way I can justify keeping Mac on after that.  If it is Clement, and it looks like it is, then its exciting times ahead!

I got a friend that lives in MK (whereabouts you in?) he lives in Bradville I think. 

​Come on now, is this really going to be a contest about stringing together as long a sentence as possible, because of those annoying things about English is that you really can just keep a sentence going with pointless joining words like, well anything that I've already thrown into this mess, but you have to be cautious as the sentence quickly becomes somewhat horrifying, but ultimately still somewhat of a sentence, at least according to some though you have to keep putting in more and more repetitive connections and such unless you're just lazy and repeat yourself like how I'm now just repeating myself about how one of the more annoying things about English is that you really can just keep a sentence going with pointless joining words like, well you've been reading to this point, keeping in mind that the more annoying aspect of English is that it's a horrible mishmash of words from various languages with different spelling traditions which leads us to nice and friendly issues like how spelling may as well be pictographs, as on the whole it would make as much sense, but at least we have an alphabet of sorts under it, but we should all notice how the same cluster of letters can be said entirely differently like rough and dough, but forget all that because those annoying things about English we obviously can't forget that you can just string a long rambling, wafflingly, trailing mess of a sentence together which while vaguely incoherent and hard to read and follow, could still be mistaken for English at times, though I can't think of how McClaren is actually linked to any of this anymore...

And breathe........

I got a friend that lives in MK (whereabouts you in?) he lives in Bradville I think. 

​Pretty close, just past Wolverton in the opposite direction. Work in the centre though and new to the area, so just getting to know it as I go :) - I can't say I like the local team but pretty happy that it is a guaranteed game for me next year!

Archived