The 2 Big Sam's

I know I am gonna get some grief but just a thought, instead of taking a huge risk IMO by taking an untested Coach into his first management.m role.  Why not go and get Big Sam now that West Ham have dropped a monumental clanger by letting him go. 

He would get us in the prem no doubt with a solid defence too, I for one would be happy with a real defence as compared to that which we have endured this season. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not against allardyce coming in, although i extremely doubt hell drop down to the championship, we would have to probably pay just the same amount for allardyce to come here as clement, (considering he said he isnt interested in taking over football until the season starts unless a very good offer comes in his interview anyway)

also, you have to factor in which would you rather, hoofball your way or in style

no doubt he would get us there, but plenty of fans now dont just want, but expect football to be played since mac came in, and if we start the hoofball, and, go on a bad run hes gonna fall out of favour

Big Sam you say? I'm off to invest my life savings in the suppliers of neck braces in derby.

hoooooooooof

joking aside he would sort the defence and as you say, would probably get us up.

Ugly football in the Premier League or pretty football, conceding comical goals, in the Championship. I like to see us win, that's pretty much where I'm at. 

​What's the point in that? I go to games to be entertained. I'll take glorious failure over dour, pragmatic success any day.

I would rather play nice football in the championship than whatever it is he plays in the premier league. 

Also remember what happened last time we got promoted with a hoofball attack and tight defence? 

Ugly football in the Premier League or pretty football, conceding comical goals, in the Championship. I like to see us win, that's pretty much where I'm at. 

And there in lies everything that is wrong with English sport.

Sport is about enjoyment sometimes you win sometimes you lose but you only get the big bucks if you entertain and win has often bass possible.Occasionally it is not possible to do both ask José but if you can then do it being able to do both is what made Barcelona so popular.

Did a fa course a few years back where they kicked off a guy who said he did not want to learn how to coach kids to be better player's only how to win.

People are saying there is 'no doubt', that Allardyce would get us promotion.  Nothing is guaranteed in football.  We've all seen successful managers have bad spells at clubs, or just lose their way altogether.  There is always doubt. Plus i couldn't bear watch us play his way.  Wouldn't get him anyway.

And there in lies everything that is wrong with English sport.

Sport is about enjoyment sometimes you win sometimes you lose but you only get the big bucks if you entertain and win has often bass possible.Occasionally it is not possible to do both ask José but if you can then do it being able to do both is what made Barcelona so popular.

Did a fa course a few years back where they kicked off a guy who said he did not want to learn how to coach kids to be better player's only how to win.

Take Stoke, achieve stability by 'getting the job done', now have the foundations to play good football and humbled Liverpool today. That is clearly what West Ham are praying for, by sacking Allardyce. The football can be a bit ugly to get us out of this league, that's almost what it takes much of the time. If you offered me failure next season playing half decent football, or promotion with a steely defence I'd take the latter. A dominant performance against Birmingham, which was then thrown away by defensive ineptitude and the shipping of two goal in two minutes didn't leave me with a warm glow of 'entertainment'. 

Archived