Backroom Staff For Clement

dcfcgodd

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​It annoys me that people keep saying this! By the time we were in this situation, the transfer window was closed and only the emergency loan window was an option, but I challenge anybody to name a player better than Johnny Russell who would've been available on loan!

However, if you was to say "McClaren was the person who decided to play Russell up front, but use the same tactics as when Chris Martin is up front", that would be a fair criticism.

So your saying. We couldn't get someone in on loan to cover the loss of a Chris Martin type player for the 3 games and then keep Russell in the wing. 

So your saying. We couldn't get someone in on loan to cover the loss of a Chris Martin type player for the 3 games and then keep Russell in the wing. 

​yes, I am saying exactly that, and unless you can name someone, then I am right.

​Sorry, but the 'we should be beating teams like….' statement is, was and always will be a generalisation too far unless you add 'most of the time'. Some of us can remember 1974-75, a season in which we won the First Division title for the second time. There were a few teams that season we should have been beating - notably Carlisle United (who finished bottom) who thrashed us at their place and got a 0-0 draw at Derby, Spurs and Birmingham who both avoided relegation on the last day of the season and both beat us easily. In addition, we were destroyed 5-0 by Southampton in the League Cup - and Saints finished in the bottom half of Division 2.

The Derby side that evening at The Dell...

Boulton, Webster, Nish, Daniel, Todd, Gemmill, Rioch, Newton, Hector, George, Lee.

Edit:

Sorry, Roger Davies, not Charlie George. He signed the following season. I still have nightmares about that game.

​Mind you Eddie when we played Carlisle at home in the last match of the season as champions, it was the first time that I watched a professional match when the players were clearly still under the influence of a shandy or two.  Some of them must have thought it was 22 a side

​Mind you Eddie when we played Carlisle at home in the last match of the season as champions, it was the first time that I watched a professional match when the players were clearly still under the influence of a shandy or two.  Some of them must have thought it was 22 a side

​Yes, the only other time I can recall a Derby player being hung over was Les Green in the 4-4 against United.

Never played for us again.

not sure if I want Simmo to stay. 

Can't really judge what he brought to the club. Not saying he was carried or bad, just can't really tell.

Steele, based upon his previous successes, I'm much more keen on staying, but then again, Grant wasn't imperious this year. 

Itl'l be interesting.

Not sure about the backroom staff, but I was chatting to some Real Madrid fans and they were telling me that he’s a real old-skool style coach.

At half-time he insists that the players all eat a piece of citrus fruit.

That’s right

There will be oranges and lemons for the Rams of Paul Clement

BOOM!

Eric Steele?

​Has to surely? I was going to say name a better goalie coach but I realised I couldnt think of one!

But really, worked at United was goal keeping coach of the year last year. Be madness to get rid.

Archived