Backroom Staff For Clement

dcfcgodd

"Makélélé became head coach of Bastia on 24 May 2014. However, after less than six months in charge, he was sacked on 3 November 2014 following a 1–0 defeat to Guingamp on 1 November 2014, due to his inability to make an impact on the club as coach."

Great player = Great coach.

Calculator says not true.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Makélélé became head coach of Bastia on 24 May 2014. However, after less than six months in charge, he was sacked on 3 November 2014 following a 1–0 defeat to Guingamp on 1 November 2014, due to his inability to make an impact on the club as coach."

Great player = Great coach.

Calculator says not true.

My calculator says BOOBIES

Mac is still coach as of 24/05/15 - do know how anybody get second guess who will be part of a backroom staff of somebody that is currently employed in Spain and for another club.....

As I said it looks extremely likely that clement would take over! Come The start of the season it is a lot more likely that clement will be head coach rather than mcclaren. I was asking for good reccomendations more than anything....

As I said it looks extremely likely that clement would take over! Come The start of the season it is a lot more likely that clement will be head coach rather than mcclaren. I was asking for good reccomendations more than anything....

​How can I recommend somebody when we already have the best !

That's why we finished 8th 

​No, we finished 8th because we couldn't but a full team out from March onwards - injuries cost us - remember  end of Feb we were top 5pts clear, then we didn't have a CF for weeks as both CM and Bent were out injured and the board would speculate to accumulate  - instead we had to rely on Russell trying to play CF, he still wouldn't score if he was still playing now.

Remember, we lost CM, Bent for a few weeks at the same time, Eustace, Mascarell, Thorne, Bryson, Buxton, Whitbread Hughes got banned.........These are/were part are starting 11.

Greatest coach in the world is not going to succeed without his best 11...

​No, we finished 8th because we couldn't but a full team out from March onwards - injuries cost us - remember  end of Feb we were top 5pts clear, then we didn't have a CF for weeks as both CM and Bent were out injured and the board would speculate to accumulate  - instead we had to rely on Russell trying to play CF, he still wouldn't score if he was still playing now.

Remember, we lost CM, Bent for a few weeks at the same time, Eustace, Mascarell, Thorne, Bryson, Buxton, Whitbread Hughes got banned.........These are/were part are starting 11.

Excuses excuses

Even with the injuries we should be beating the likes of Fulham and Millwall. Any manager who plays his left back at cb and his cb at right back deserves to lose his job! Tactically clueless 

Maclaren was quoted as saying. The board will give me anything. If I want a striker sam rush will get me one. 

This shows that Maclaren was the person who decided it was in the best interest to play Russell up front and not get someone else in

Even with the injuries we should be beating the likes of Fulham and Millwall. Any manager who plays his left back at cb and his cb at right back deserves to lose his job! Tactically clueless 

​Sorry, but the 'we should be beating teams like….' statement is, was and always will be a generalisation too far unless you add 'most of the time'. Some of us can remember 1974-75, a season in which we won the First Division title for the second time. There were a few teams that season we should have been beating - notably Carlisle United (who finished bottom) who thrashed us at their place and got a 0-0 draw at Derby, Spurs and Birmingham who both avoided relegation on the last day of the season and both beat us easily. In addition, we were destroyed 5-0 by Southampton in the League Cup - and Saints finished in the bottom half of Division 2.

The Derby side that evening at The Dell...

Boulton, Webster, Nish, Daniel, Todd, Gemmill, Rioch, Newton, Hector, George, Lee.

Edit:

Sorry, Roger Davies, not Charlie George. He signed the following season. I still have nightmares about that game.

Maclaren was quoted as saying. The board will give me anything. If I want a striker sam rush will get me one. 

This shows that Maclaren was the person who decided it was in the best interest to play Russell up front and not get someone else in

​It annoys me that people keep saying this! By the time we were in this situation, the transfer window was closed and only the emergency loan window was an option, but I challenge anybody to name a player better than Johnny Russell who would've been available on loan!

However, if you was to say "McClaren was the person who decided to play Russell up front, but use the same tactics as when Chris Martin is up front", that would be a fair criticism.

Archived