Standby for an influx of overseas players

plymouthram

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Paul Clement takes the job, I see him bringing in Spanish and other foreign players in. Better happen soon or we will be playing catch up with transfers in the championship race.

​explain how we will be playing catchup to me! I know I am a bit simple, but my understanding in my fragile little mind is that financial transfers cannot be made when the transfer window is shut. The transfer window is ****, therefore transfers cannot be made, therefore nobody can get ahead of us in any race!

​explain how we will be playing catchup to me! I know I am a bit simple, but my understanding in my fragile little mind is that financial transfers cannot be made when the transfer window is shut. The transfer window is ****, therefore transfers cannot be made, therefore nobody can get ahead of us in any race!

​Not to mention the small matter of the season not actually being finished, with La Liga and the Premier League still playing, the major cup competitions not finished and the promotion play-offs in progress. 

​Not to mention the small matter of the season not actually being finished, with La Liga and the Premier League still playing, the major cup competitions not finished and the promotion play-offs in progress. 

Or the the fact the football director completes all the transfers.

Yet Man United have signed Memphis Depay!! Which is strange considering the window is closed.

My guess is even though the window is closed you can in theory agree deals, just not confirm them.

Seeing as we are pratting about with our manager we probably aren't putting the feelers out for players which may result in other championship clubs getting the upper hand.

He's English. Why does that mean there will be an influx of foreign players? He's coached abroad for three years in his career. McClaren's coached for four. We didn't have a massive influx of foreign players with him did we?

I'm fairly proud of our club and its policy for bringing through British players (different debate about whether we had the ability to look abroad under Clough) That's not to say there's no place for foreign players. It's a balance. If our new Head Coach brings in a number of players from overseas, whilst maintaining a majority of the squad are English or British, what's not to like?

I think this whole, playing catch up and disadvantage thing people talk about is only used as an excuse when a team has  a bad start to the season, "o we were in the play offs, we had two weeks less than everyone else. to prepare". I don't think we have anything to worry about, its not even June yet, If come June 15 we are somehow still messing around with our manager then I'd start to really worry about it but if by this time next week our new manager is sorted we will be in the same position as everybody else. 

We w I'll be playing catchup because even though the rangers are not consumption the window opens a lot of iWork is done b   forehand

We w I'll be playing catchup because even though the rangers are not consumption the window opens a lot of iWork is done b   forehand

​I never could understand Devonian.

:D

Don't we need a new coach first, unless Morris is taking on that job as well!

​That big black and silver one with the tinted windows looks ok. 

Archived