Daily Mail - McClarens holding out for Compo

Orphanram

He's gone get over it and back the new man who comes in. 

Remember a young Brian Clough coming from Hartlepool. 

No one new him look how he did .

Paul Clement looks like he's coming in and he's from a footballing family and has a very good pedigree.

Sam Rush is going nowhere and Mel Morris is a breath of fresh air for this club. 

No one knew who Phil Brown was either.... Just for balance

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one knew who Phil Brown was either.... Just for balance

Darren Moore was a good acquisition by Phil 

He was big Sams assistant manager at Bolton and had a difficult job when he came to Derby to keep them up   

Doing ok at Southend now and in playoff Final very soon.

1730 at Wembley against Wycombe. 

Good luck Phil

At the moment McClaren still has my 100% support. That changes the day a new man is appointed.

That's probably a difficult concept for some of you to understand, but it explains why I can retain my insanity.

:D

At the moment McClaren still has my 100% support. That changes the day a new man is appointed.

That's probably a difficult concept for some of you to understand, but it explains why I can retain my insanity.

:D

Insane you never. 

Look I say thanks Steve for the good times but thing move on for Derby and hopefully Steve does well in future ventures. 

For me this is turning away from McClaren but onto the club and in particular Sam Rush. I think he has two weeks to make the situation clean. I.e it's clear and definitive that Mac is continuing or Mac is nowhere to be seen and a new guy is in place. Anything longer then Sam isn't doing a good job.

Darren Moore was a good acquisition by Phil 

Hw was big Sams assistant manager and a difficult job when he came to Derby. 

Doing ok at Southend now and in playoff Final very soon. 

Will be just as for hard for Clement.... Big boots to fill, and the expectation is huge, will have to hit the ground running and be careful of the huge egos probably being played out in the background....

im really sorry to see Mac go.... Don't think he's done one thing wrong, got touted to take over a bigger club that's all....

Think his integrity has stood out.... No one knows anything about what's gone on.... To some he's the devil incarnate after reading s few lines on social media on what someone allegedly heard....

as as for his loyalty.... He's still here isn't he? I say that's commitment.

I hope Derby pay the compo due to him if he is entitled to it.

Best manager since Burley and the record to go with it.....

People have rather short and blinkered memories....

I will support whoever Derby put in charge.... That's me being a Derby fan thick and thin.... More THICK probably for me ?

Brian Clough had played the game very successfully at a high level and also had managerial experience at Hartlepool. Peter Taylor also had managerial experience at Burton albeit at that time non league. Taylor had also played the game professionally for a long period. If PC is appointed I still think it's a big risk as I've said in posts elsewhere, we need to hit the ground running with the first game in August and for me this job and division needs experience 

​Not many really good players make good managers , but many average or poor players do .

Wenger , Mourinho  etc,  so maybe it is good that Clement was not so good :unsure:, I'll get my coat .

​Well as one of the people who have been saying for weeks that he will not be here come the start of next season, this weeks happenings have done very little to sway that opinion.

Looks like you were right g-star, I was one of those that questioned you inside "mole", so I admit it looks like you were right, so apologies .

So who do you think has made the call to have him culled, Rush or Morris? Must be a bit of a shitter for Steve to know they were willing to discuss the sacking so openly with staff before they told him.  I also wonder if in hindsight they regret giving that info out, as it probably changed SMs and his lawyers approach going into the meeting and their dealings with Newcastle.

​Not many really good players make good managers , but many average or poor players do .

Wenger , Mourinho  etc,  so maybe it is good that Clement was not so good :unsure:, I'll get my coat .

I've absolutely nothing against PC he's clearly a good coach and if he comes in I will support the club as I always have just saying that IMHO and in this situation I would go for experience and a track record as I just believe there is a difference between coaching and having the additional responsibility of management. 

Its like an appraisal, unfortunatly it is worse than the one 12 months ago and somehow in football if you fail you get a failure bonus.

I do think the speculation had an impact, as was the injuries, the think is did the speculation impact the injuries....?

If the relationship has come to an end Steve should just leave, as wanting compensation for not making the play-offs at least just puts all his hard work back to the time he stood there with the brolly.

Looks like you were right g-star, I was one of those that questioned you inside "mole", so I admit it looks like you were right, so apologies .

So who do you think has made the call to have him culled, Rush or Morris? Must be a bit of a shitter for Steve to know they were willing to discuss the sacking so openly with staff before they told him.  I also wonder if in hindsight they regret giving that info out, as it probably changed SMs and his lawyers approach going into the meeting and their dealings with Newcastle.

​No apologies required, I am certainly not the only one who has claimed to have heard stories that his days were numbered, McClaren is still at the club at this moment and as of yet there is no concrete information to say this will change.

I certainly do not have an inside 'mole' just someone that I hear the odd story from and I never suggested that McClaren would be sacked, just that he was not expected to be here next season.

I was told about a month back that Morris had met with Clement, not sure whether this is true or not but have no reason to doubt my source. If this is true, it would seem that it is Morris calling the shots. Rush has always seemed to have a good working relationship with Mac (unlike with Clough, where he stated quite early that if Clough did not perform, he would be gone) so I would be surprised if he has suddenly turned on him.

The other story that I heard, which came from the mouth of a high ranked employee of DCFC (who is not my source), was that Newcastle were expected to appoint McClaren after the end of the PL season and that DCFC would appoint Steve Round as new head coach, the following day McClaren made his '100% committed' speech and Steve Round left DCFC. Whether that was just a coincidence or not I do not know.

​No apologies required, I am certainly not the only one who has claimed to have heard stories that his days were numbered, McClaren is still at the club at this moment and as of yet there is no concrete information to say this will change.

I certainly do not have an inside 'mole' just someone that I hear the odd story from and I never suggested that McClaren would be sacked, just that he was not expected to be here next season.

I was told about a month back that Morris had met with Clement, not sure whether this is true or not but have no reason to doubt my source. If this is true, it would seem that it is Morris calling the shots. Rush has always seemed to have a good working relationship with Mac (unlike with Clough, where he stated quite early that if Clough did not perform, he would be gone) so I would be surprised if he has suddenly turned on him.

The other story that I heard, which came from the mouth of a high ranked employee of DCFC (who is not my source), was that Newcastle were expected to appoint McClaren after the end of the PL season and that DCFC would appoint Steve Round as new head coach, the following day McClaren made his '100% committed' speech and Steve Round left DCFC. Whether that was just a coincidence or not I do not know.

So Derby had to make contingency plans is that right so how can the board be blamed at all here if this is correct. 

So Derby had to make contingency plans is that right.  

​I am only going on what I heard but, if true, yes it would appear that is the case. Guessing that the same thing happened before the Clough sacking, hence why Mac was appointed so quickly.

​I am only going on what I heard but, if true, yes it would appear that is the case. Guessing that the same thing happened before the Clough sacking, hence why Mac was appointed so quickly.

Derby would have been left in the lurch without a paddle wouldn't they. 

Archived