Daily Mail - McClarens holding out for Compo

Orphanram

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3091808/Steve-McClaren-set-leave-Derby-County-talks-Real-Madrid-coach-Paul-Clement-favourite-Rams-hotseat.html

Is it all turning bitter? Is it more pure speculation from the Daily Hate? What ever happened to John Chiedozie? 

That's not conducive to a good working relationship at DCFC anymore IMO .

He has to go now I'm even more convinced there's no way back. 

Thanks Steve for what you have done at the Rams but try to be reasonable about it. 

So we go from a position of maybe commanding £2mil for him to having to pay him compensation before he agrees to leave.

This is all going to turn very bitter between the two parties. It's a shame.

Entitled to hold out for compensation, but I have a feeling that tight git Mike Ashley is behind this. Watch him take his payoff and walk into Newcastle, and the Geordies won't pay a penny.

​And he'll get a nice little bonus, say 500k from Ashley as a 'thanks for saving me £2 million' present...

That's not conducive to a good working relationship at DCFC anymore IMO .

He has to go now I'm even more convinced there's no way back. 

Thanks Steve for what you have done at the Rams but try to be reasonable about it. 

​If he's been sacked why should he be reasonable about it ?

But in fact the club have all the advantages and all he could do would be to argue after he's out of the door.

If we are indeed sacking him then I would be holding out for every last penny. 

It's clear one of the money men isn't happy with Mac, especially if we're going to pay him off. I wouldn't say Rush is behind it because someone is ready to hand him a big **** off present.  

Sacking him seems so needless, to be honest. I guess we'll find out when the inevitable happens. 

Entitled to hold out for compensation, but I have a feeling that tight git Mike Ashley is behind this. Watch him take his payoff and walk into Newcastle, and the Geordies won't pay a penny.

Is he ******. 

If he has been double dealing with newcastle - which seems likely given the reports that they wanted him for the last 3 games - then he isn't entitled to a penny. Quite the contrary. 

If we are indeed sacking him then I would be holding out for every last penny. 

It's clear one of the money men isn't happy with Mac, especially if we're going to pay him off. I wouldn't say Rush is behind it because someone is ready to hand him a big **** off present.  

Sacking him seems so needless, to be honest. I guess we'll find out when the inevitable happens. 

or he's been approached, wants to go but he doesn't want to resign. Which is what has pissed off our board .

People saying mac is just going to walk into the newcastle job. I imagine the club would look to put some sort of clause in any severance pay deal that if he joins newcastle before a certain period of time he gets no compensation. Gardening leave style contract.

People saying mac is just going to walk into the newcastle job. I imagine the club would look to put some sort of clause in any severance pay deal that if he joins newcastle before a certain period of time he gets no compensation. Gardening leave style contract.

Exactly. Leave him on gardening leave for the remainder so he can't do **** all.

​If the word on the street is true, McClaren annoyed Ashley by refusing to buy himself out of his contract to take over at Newcastle for the last 3 games of the season. Interesting to see how this plays out.

​I bloody would - if this were to happen!

Archived