Pre-season

RamFan13

Some cafe/bars in Utrecht for starters and downtown Utrecht

Belgisch Biercafé Olivier Utrecht http://www.cafe-olivier.be/

Belgian beer café Olivier is located in Utrecht and Leiden are both housed in a special location. Olivier Utrecht sits as a former clandestine church, Mary Minor, to Back Clarenburg and Olivier Leiden in the former St Elisabeth Hospital. These historic buildings with a rich history make a visit to Olivier once again worth a detour. A Belgian is well pampered. In our restaurant you can enjoy dishes such as mussels and Belgian ham in a casual atmosphere. Furthermore, we have a large assortment of beer, so we recommend you also run to catch even a beer in your dish. Olivier is open daily for a bite and a drink in Belgian atmospheres. Olivier Utrecht of the Netherlands' best pub We are proud to announce that Café Olivier by the jury of Misset Horeca in 2014 was voted best pub in the Netherlands. We are very proud of this exceptional achievement and to thank all our guests and employees. We did this without you can not achieve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6BniMxdnh4

De Winkel van Sinkel in an old department store.http://www.dewinkelvansinkel.nl/ The Grand Café on the ground floor breathes with its tall columns and wall showcases the atmosphere of the former department storeThe former shop desk now serves as a buffet. The daylight falls through the high glass roof inside and doing the monumental ceiling and handrail come out. The lively activity of the Great Hall is the heart. The terrace at the front gives you a unique view of the Old Canal and the Duomo. Modern Longbar with her lovely, light a trendy look. The courtyard is an oasis of tranquility, with cozy tables sometimes in the shade. In addition to several other rooms, you could read the newspapers of the day in the Quiosque or cowering in a magazine at our reading table. The cuisine is varied French International with fresh dishes. We prepare for you a delicious hot or cold lunch and dinner available. We also always have a dish or pasta of the day on the menu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fV-lJlxol9A

Muziekcafe 't Oude Pothuys, http://www.pothuys.nl looks like a cellar type bar with music, situated by a canal. Pothuys is the ideal combination between a cozy restaurant and lively club with live music every night. Musicians of the highest level are here every day at home here. Drinking, eating, dancing, live music and an extraordinarily intimate atmosphere can be found here every day.

Sunday Funday in Downtown Utrecht

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cancel them games with teams beginning with B. Nobody likes them B's in the summer time, but surely the Holland games must go ahead for the sake of the Orange one. C'mon keep the FC Utrecht game on, flights and hotels booked by hundreds of Rams fans including me, don't let us down DCFC.

Spain now makes more sense than Holland. Why is the Burton game off????

A few of us (you know, the proper fans, not the half fans :p) have already sorted out our Dutch plans and shelled out a fortune. However, if the club wanted to compensate us by paying for accommodation and flights to Spain, it would temper any disappointment somewhat.

A few of us (you know, the proper fans, not the half fans :p) have already sorted out our Dutch plans and shelled out a fortune. However, if the club wanted to compensate us by paying for accommodation and flights to Spain, it would temper any disappointment somewhat.

​That'd be nice gesture from the club tbh.

Try be an armchair half fan from now, it's more fulfilling and less disappointing. 

I know a lot of Derbh fans have booked the Dutch tour, I was a bit more cautious myself, Macs future was up in the air and there was no guarantee a new coach would want to do the Dutch tour, surely the Dutch tour was only organised due to Macsd contacts in Holland? 

I know a lot of Derbh fans have booked the Dutch tour, I was a bit more cautious myself, Macs future was up in the air and there was no guarantee a new coach would want to do the Dutch tour, surely the Dutch tour was only organised due to Macsd contacts in Holland?

​The FC Utrecht game probably has nothing to do with Steve McClaren as the clubs have been linked up since 2008 when Adam Pearson was chairman etc.

Derby County announce link-up with Dutch side Utrecht
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-563030/Derby-County-announce-link-Dutch-Utrecht.htmlFC uTRECT

Last updated at 13:53 30 April 2008

Derby have agreed a tie-up with Dutch side Utrecht which will see players and

coaches get experience of football in Holland.The link, initially for two years, will allow both clubs to exchange ideas on a

football and commercial basis."For us it is a great opportunity to tap into the experience and knowledge

available in Dutch football," Rams chairman of football Adam Pearson told the

club's website."They are world-renowned for their technical expertise in coaching and

training, particularly with younger players."We will be getting our coaches over there and getting our younger players

from the academy over there as that will be a great experience for them."Both clubs will be tapping into each other at all levels."FC Utrecht is a very well-run club with similar ambitions to ourselves so Ithink the two clubs will tie in well."

Derby formalise FC Utrecht partnership
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/derby-formalise-fc-utrecht-partnership-181388

The link, initially for two years, will allow both clubs to exchange ideas on a football and commercial basis.

"For us it is a great opportunity to tap into the experience and knowledge available in Dutch football," Rams chairman of football Adam Pearson told the club's website.

"They are world-renowned for their technical expertise in coaching and training, particularly with younger players.

"We will be getting our coaches over there and getting our younger players from the academy over there as that will be a great experience for them.

"Both clubs will be tapping into each other at all levels.

"FC Utrecht is a very well-run club with similar ambitions to ourselves so I think the two clubs will tie in well."

Derby County goes Dutch with FC Utrecht

http://en.fcutrecht.nl/news/latest/1008/derby-county-goes-dutch-with-fc-utrecht

FC Utrecht are going to work together with the English club Derby County FC. The deal was signed earlier this week. `The deal is about a wide-ranging co-operation between the two clubs´, chairman Jan Willem van Dop said.

Earlier this week FC Utrecht´s board members visited Derby County. Chairman and general manager Jan Willem van Dop, CFO Rob Venneman and technical manager Piet Buter tied the deal, which will offer great opportunities for both clubs to learn from each other. ´Both clubs will be exchanging know-how, players and trainers, but we will also tap into each other´s knowledge and experience in working practices and commercial opportunities, Jan Willem van Dop said.

´Derby County´s Chairman of football, Adam Pearson, is enthusiastic about the deal with FC Utrecht. ´The deal offers a great opportunity for both teams to tap into each other´s experience and knowledge in technical and working practices. FC Utrecht is a very well-run club with similar ambitions to those of Derby County. I think the two clubs will tie in well´. Comparing FC Utrecht and Derby County makes sense when you realise that also Derby County was taken over by a private investor at the beginning of this year.

In the field of sports the English club is a bit unlucky at the moment. After a disappointing season Derby County ended up last in the Premier League and will relegate. The club has very enthusiastic supporters. With each home match for Derby County, there are 33,000 fans on the stands of Pride Park Stadium. ´When I listen to the plans Derby has developed to return instantly to the highest level after the relegation, then those plans show great ambitions. And when I hear the names of players they want to get to realise this, then I have absolute faith in it´, Van Dop said upon his return from England, where he attended the match Derby County – Arsenal. A match which was lost 2-6 by Derby for that matter.

FC Utrecht and ´the Rams´, as Derby County is called, will play a friendly game in the Pride Park Stadium in the pre-season on 2 August. The city of Derby is situated west of Nottingham in central England. Please visit http://www.dcfc.co.uk/ for more information on Derby County.

Archived