Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming we go up a load of young talent for Steve to nurture, if we bought players such as Ince, Castaignos, Butland etc. Imagine what our team could be like in 4-5 years. 

This is why promotion this year would be so fantastic, as we are in the perfect position to push on and do a Southampton for example. Best manager for years, best team for years, best young talent, brilliantly run and now with a fantastic reputation to attract players and if we go up now whilst the owners seem really interested, money will not be an issue. 

We will need a right-back, centre-back, defensive mid, centre mid and winger at least.

Simon Francis if Bournemouth don't go up could be a good fit at RB. Or maybe we'll keep Shotton there.

Centre-back - probably the biggest need. We need someone left-footed to compliment Albentosa (provided he does as well as we're hoping) in my opinion. Tommy Smith maybe? Or perhaps I've been over-impressed with him because of the number of goals he's scored this year. Is Manga left-footed? If so, he'd be a good fit.

Defensive mid would just be a back-up, someone competent though in case Thorne injures himself again. Not so sure here, although Gunnarson from Cardiff would be a great buy. Or maybe we'll get a foreigner such as Wout Brama.

Centre mid - Jordan Mutch might be a good fit, given he's a Derby lad. Although Hendrick's good play of late might mean we're looking at a back-up, not a starter here. Bryson would be very useful coming off the bench as well. Although it's vital that we have someone so that we don't have to stick Bryson and Hendo together. That doesn't work.

On the wing, I'd love Sako. He offers something very different to our current crop in his physicality and power. Or Jota maybe. Coupled with this, hopefully we get Ince on a perm. We'd probably have to sell one of Ward and Dawkins though, personally I prefer Dawks out of the two.  

Coupled with this, hopefully we add Bent on a permanent. Quality coming off the bench/starting. Could see us getting Lingard back on loan again as well. Butland would be good but probably a "luxury" signing. Same goes for another left-back or someone like Castaignos. We can improve at striker and left-back but they're not, right now, our most pressing needs. 

The key is to add good players, quality not quantity, well-planned beforehand (not panic-buying like last time), whilst not breaking the bank. We need to leave a bit of cash in the kitty so that, in January, we have the option to address any positions of need. Good business in January can really change a side's season.

Of course, all this is based off us going up (touch wood). If we don't, I'll probably look back on this post and feel like a bit of a tw*t :)

We will need a right-back, centre-back, defensive mid, centre mid and winger at least.

Simon Francis if Bournemouth don't go up could be a good fit at RB. Or maybe we'll keep Shotton there.

Centre-back - probably the biggest need. We need someone left-footed to compliment Albentosa (provided he does as well as we're hoping) in my opinion. Tommy Smith maybe? Or perhaps I've been over-impressed with him because of the number of goals he's scored this year. Is Manga left-footed? If so, he'd be a good fit.

Defensive mid would just be a back-up, someone competent though in case Thorne injures himself again. Not so sure here, although Gunnarson from Cardiff would be a great buy. Or maybe we'll get a foreigner such as Wout Brama.

Centre mid - Jordan Mutch might be a good fit, given he's a Derby lad. Although Hendrick's good play of late might mean we're looking at a back-up, not a starter here. Bryson would be very useful coming off the bench as well. Although it's vital that we have someone so that we don't have to stick Bryson and Hendo together. That doesn't work.

On the wing, I'd love Sako. He offers something very different to our current crop in his physicality and power. Or Jota maybe. Coupled with this, hopefully we get Ince on a perm. We'd probably have to sell one of Ward and Dawkins though, personally I prefer Dawks out of the two.  

Coupled with this, hopefully we add Bent on a permanent. Quality coming off the bench/starting. Could see us getting Lingard back on loan again as well. Butland would be good but probably a "luxury" signing. Same goes for another left-back or someone like Castaignos. We can improve at striker and left-back but they're not, right now, our most pressing needs. 

The key is to add good players, quality not quantity, well-planned beforehand (not panic-buying like last time), whilst not breaking the bank. We need to leave a bit of cash in the kitty so that, in January, we have the option to address any positions of need. Good business in January can really change a side's season.

Of course, all this is based off us going up (touch wood). If we don't, I'll probably look back on this post and feel like a bit of a tw*t :)

​Do you rate Mutch?

He always strikes me as one of those players who's just really average. Not particuarly bad at anything, just not particularly special at anything either.

He's moved for some very large sums in the past though, so maybe I'm just not seeing it.

We don't need many players.

ince 

a left sided centre back.

a centre forward - possibly bent

Leon osman

We will now be looking for international callibre players.

"FC Nordsjaelland striker Joshua John is a target for a number of English clubs with his agent Darryl Powell talking to several sides"

Not necessarily Derby news - couldn't help post it though, for agent reasons!

Darryl Powell's a football genius...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived